If your infant has a sensitive stomach or just cannot handle milk on a regular basis, rice milk is the best milk substitute. It is a nutritious option that is calmer on the digestive system and is easy to make at home. Gather the ingredients and then follow these steps and you can learn how to make it.
- 1 cup white rice
- Dash of salt
- 4 cups water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Medium saucepan
- Bottles for serving milk
- Prepare the rice. Wash it thoroughly then place in the saucepan.
- Add half the water and salt. Stir two cups of water with rice in the saucepan.
- Heat pan to medium. Cook rice for 20 minutes until it is soft and the water has evaporated.
- Boil the remaining cups of water. Boil two cups of water,
- Mix rice with water and vanilla. Place the cooked rice with boiling hot water and the vanilla into the blender. Puree for five minutes until the mixture is smooth.
- Let the mix sit. Allow it to cool for about thirty minutes and the sediments to settle to the bottom of the blender.
- Pour the rice milk over the strainer into the serving bottles. Pour it slowly so that any loose sediment is strained out.
- Chill and serve. Keep the rice milk in the fridge and serve when ready.
Rice milk is one of the greatest alternatives to cow's milk. Whether you cannot stomach dairy products or just want a smoother alternative, you can make rice milk at home whenever you choose. Try it when your infant is fussy or when you just need a change.