Usually, scrambled are done in a frying pan with a lot of butter, margarine or non-stick cooking spray. They are fluffy if you stir them quickly enough and there is not much difference between your eggs and the neighbor's! On top of that, you have to clean up a greasy stove top, a sticky pan and a wash a lot of dishes. Well, with this recipe, your eggs will be filled with flavor, fluffy, done in only 3 minutes and will use a minimum of dishes! Why don't you be the judge?
- 3 large eggs
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon of cream (you can also use milk, but cream will give a richer texture to your eggs)
- Ground pepper (you can use regular black or white pepper, but ground pepper will add more flavor)
- Kosher salt (you can use table salt, depending on your taste)
Required cooking tools:
- 1 measuring cup (size: 2 cups or 500 ml)
- 1 fork
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 sheet of plastic wrap (large enough to cover the top of your measuring cup)
- 1 microwave oven
Follow these steps in order to make the most delicious scrambled eggs that your taste buds ever enjoyed. Believe me, once you taste these scrambled eggs, you will never go back to the traditional version of scrambled eggs.
- No sticking means more food in your plate! Coat the inside of the measuring cup with non-stick cooking spray. This will prevent sticking, which will leave more food in your plate. It will also make the cleaning much easier. Using a measuring cup instead of a frying pan also reduces the mess and prevents burning some of your eggs during the scrambling of your eggs at a higher temperature.
- Poke your yolks or clean up the mess! Even nowadays, microwave ovens still do not like eggs...the old way. Poke them and stir them well to prevent the yolks from exploding in the microwave and creating a huge mess for you to clean.
- The secret ingredients are... Add 1 tablespoon of cream, 1 tablespoon of butter, salt and pepper. Mix well all the ingredients.
- Cover it all up! Cut a sheet of plastic wrap that is large enough to fully cover the top of the measuring cup. This will allow the eggs to rise, without spilling over and splashing all over the place. It will also help the air and pressure to build inside, forcing them into the eggs and making them fluffier.
- First step of cooking time. Put the measuring cup in the microwave on high and cook them for 1 1/2 minute. Then fluff the eggs up by stirring them with a fork. Cover them up again.
- Second step of cooking time. Always on a high temperature level, cook the eggs for 1 1/2 minute.
- Serving options! If you wish to have very fluffy eggs, use a fork to scramble your eggs thoroughly in the measuring cup before serving them on a plate. If you like fluffy scrambled with a classy look, gently transfer the cake-shaped scrambled eggs on a plate. Either way, their fluffiness and light taste will delight you!
Once you taste these scrumptious scrambled eggs, there is no going back to the old style! Your taste buds will never settle for anything less! This is easy, fast and simply delicious! Like they say for the New Year: "Out with the old and in with the new!"