Do you love tacos? Do you want to make the best ever tasting shredded tacos? No need for you to go to specialty restaurants with this recipe. It will make around 16 taco servings or a meal good for 7 adults. Here are the steps to making the best shredded tacos ever.
- Here are the ingredients. Check if you have the following on hand. You will need 4 lbs or 2 kilos of rump roast (preferably frozen), a cup of white wine, 2 pieces of (7.75oz) canned Mexican hot tomato sauce, 3 tablespoons of garlic (crushed), salt, pepper, some green onions (chopped) and a cup cilantro (freshly chopped). For the tacos, prepare tortillas, Monterey Jack cheese (shredded), some lettuce, salsa (could be homemade or bottled) and a cup of sour cream.
- Have your kitchen tools on hand. Your handy slow cooker is the secret to this recipe. It will make your beef come out tender. You will also need a wooden spoon or spatula used to mix ingredients.
- Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker. Take the frozen rump roast out of the freezer, wash and place it in the slow cooker. Yes, there’s no need to defrost it! Rump roast is part of the bottom round cut of beef. Ask your butcher to choose a good cut for you.
- Blend the other ingredients in. Include the white wine and pour the Mexican hot tomato sauce on the roast. Add the crushed garlic and season with some pepper and salt to your taste. If you don’t have any white wine on hand, you can substitute Corona beer for it. You can find the canned Mexican hot tomato sauce in the canned tomato aisle at most supermarkets.
- It’s time to cook. Place the slow cooker’s cover back. Turn the knob to low. Set your alarm or timer to 9 hours. Leave the roast to cook. Go ahead with your usual schedule.
- Now, if you don’t have a slow cooker, your oven will do. Preheat the oven to 225˚F. It will take around 8 hours or so to bake.
- Remove roast from the slow cooker. How will you know if the rump roast is cooked? Just get a fork and it should be able to shred the beef easily. With 2 forks, you are now going to shred the beef. Place it back into the slow cooker and mix it with your previous bunch of cilantro and chopped green onions.
- Assemble the taco. Warm your tortillas. You can use the soft tortillas or the hard tortilla shells. It’s really your preference. Fill them up with some shredded beef and spread it along the tortilla or shell. Evenly spread the salsa. Pour sour cream in a straight line. Distribute the shredded lettuce and finally, sprinkle some shredded Monterey Jack cheese.
And there you have it. Watch your family gobble down these delicious
shredded beef tacos. They will surely ask for more so make sure your
servings are enough! This recipe is definitely a keeper.