Smirnoff Ice is a malt liquor beverage that most people purchase at their local liquor store. The beverage has a clean, crisp taste, without that heavy weighed down feeling. Now you can also achieve that same great taste by mixing together the following ingredients with any plain vodka. Although, most will agree that using Smirnoff plain vodka will give you the best taste results.
- First, make sure that you have everything necessary before you start. Some of these items may already be right in your own cupboard. Follow these easy instructions for making Smirnoff Ice, then sit back and enjoy your cocktail.
- Fill a glass the size of approximately a pint with ice. Pour two shot glasses (1 oz. each) with Smirnoff Vodka. You can also substitute any plain vodka.
- Add approximately 1 1/2 oz. of your favorite sour mix to your glass of ice. (One shot glass full, followed with another half shot glass full.)
- Next you will need to add 1 1/2 oz. of lemonade to your mixture that you already have in your pint glass.
- Now fill the remainder of the glass with any type of club soda.
- Place the top of the shaker on the glass, making sure that it fits tightly. This will prevent any of your mix from seeping out of the glass. Now, vigorously shake the drink mixer until it is well blended. We have found that it is best to give it approximately eight good brisk shakes.
If you do not have a drink shaker at home, any pint size or larger glass will work just fine. The only thing to remember is that you must have some sort of top on the glass in order to be able to shake your Smirnoff Ice drink thoroughly.
- Next take a separate 8 oz. glass and fill that glass with ice.
- The final step involves straining the Smirnoff Ice drink. If you are using a drink strainer make sure the coil side is facing down. Then simply strain the mix into your 8 oz. glass of ice. Although, a drink strainer works best, if you do not have one handy, any type of strainer will also work just fine.
Now simply garnish the glass with a lemon wedge. It not only adds a nice appearance to your drink, but should you need a bit more sour just squeeze some of the lemon wedge into the drink.