Almonds are healthy nuts that you can eat as snacks. It is brain food that has other good benefits such as lowering cholesterol levels and increasing your energy. Aside from these, almonds are also good for improving your brain and your cognitive skills. If you want to make almonds tastier, you can make sugar coated almonds. You can bring a pack of these wherever you go so that you can munch on them when you get hungry. Find out how you can make sugar coated almonds by following the steps below.
- Ingredients and materials that you need. The ingredients that you need for this are unsalted almonds, honey, butter and raw sugar. You also need to prepare a cookie sheet, a sauce pan and a ziplock bag.
- Measure the ingredients. Measure the ingredients that you need first. You need 2 cups of the unsalted almonds, ¼ cup of honey and a cup of sugar. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roast the almonds. Spread the almonds on a cookie sheet. Make sure that they are not too close to each other so that all parts of the almond can be roasted. Insert the cookie sheet in the oven when it is already heated at the right temperature. Roast the almonds for about 20 minutes.
- Coat the almonds with butter and honey. Get a saucepan and melt the butter. When the butter is melted, add the honey. Afterwards, add the roasted almonds to the mixture. Make sure that you stir the mixture so that the honey does not stick at the bottom of the saucepan and burn. Make sure that all the almonds are coated with the honey very well.
- Allow the almonds to cool. Prepare another cookie sheet and place wax paper on it. Spread the almonds on the cookie sheet. Separate almonds that are stuck together with a fork or spoon. Allow the almonds to dry for a few minutes before you proceed with the next step.
- Coat the almonds with raw sugar. When the almonds are already cool, you will notice that it is sticky. Add the raw sugar into the ziplock bag and then place the almonds inside. Seal the bag and then shake it vigorously to coat the almonds with the sugar.
- Store in an airtight container. Store the almonds in an airtight container or in a clean ziplock bag. You can just leave the sugar coated almonds at room temperature. Do not place the almonds in the refrigerator since the sugar can become watery. The sugar coated almonds will last for a few weeks.
These are the easy steps in making sugar coated almonds. You can prepare
more by doubling the recipe if there are plenty of people who will eat
it. This is also a great gift or giveaway during holidays and special
events. You can place the sugar coated almonds inside nice jars and then
tie a ribbon around it. Sugar coated almonds are also a great addition
to cakes or pastries.