Spaghetti and meatballs are one of the dishes that kids love eating. Meatballs are usually served with gravy or spaghetti sauce. You can make a new twist to the dish by serving Swedish meatballs with sour cream. This dish is delicious and creamy and will surely be liked by the whole family. Preparing the dish is easy. Find out how to do it below.
- Ingredients that you need. Start off by preparing the ingredients for the meatballs. You need ground beef, ground pork, breadcrumbs, eggs, celery, onion, green bell pepper, milk, dried parsley, dill weed, salt and garlic. You also need a pack of egg noodles.
- Prepare and measure the ingredients. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. You need a pound each of the ground beef and pork, a cup of bread crumbs, 2 eggs, ½ cup each of chopped celery, green bell pepper and onions, 2/3 cup milk, 2 tablespoons of parsley flakes, 1 ½ dill weed, a teaspoon of garlic powder and half a teaspoon of salt.
- Mix ingredients and bake. Get a large mixing bowl and combine all the ingredients together. It is better to add the ingredients one by one as you mix so that they can spread and not clump together in one place. When it is well mixed, shape the meatballs. This recipe will give you around 16 meatballs. Prepare a baking sheet and place the meatballs on it. Make sure that the meatballs don’t touch each other so that they can cook well. Bake the meatballs for 40 minutes. When it is done, prepare a plate lined with paper towels and place the meatballs there to get rid of the excess oil.
- Prepare the noodles. Prepare the egg noodles by boiling water in a cooking pot. Add the noodles when the water starts to boil. Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the package and then drain the noodles. Do not overcook the noodles since they can break easily.
- Ingredients for the sour cream. While waiting for the meatballs to finish baking, you can make the sour cream sauce. The ingredients you need are 2 cups of half and half, a cup of sour cream, a can of cream of chicken soup, a teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of caraway seed.
- Combine the sauce. Get a small mixing bowl and combine the ingredients together. Mix the ingredients until they are well blended together.
- Serve the dish. Get your serving dish and spread the egg noodles at the base. Get the meatballs and top it over the egg noodles. Afterwards, pour some sour cream sauce over the meatballs and the noodles. If you are serving individually, place 2 meatballs for each plate.
You now have Swedish meatballs with sour cream. This dish is really delicious and easy to prepare. You can serve this whenever you have friends over. This recipe serves 6 to 8 people. You can just double the recipe to have more. Serve the dish with some toasted French bread or sidings of buttered vegetables.