This is a recipe to make a delicious Lebanese salad. Like most salads, it is filled with nutrients that the body needs but with this salad, you get to experience an exotic taste of the traditional Lebanese salad.
Ingredients needed to make the salad (serves 2):
- One bunch of fresh parsley
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 1 large tomato (about 1 cup diced)
- 1 small white onion (about 1/3 cup chopped)
- 1 (generous) tablespoon bulgur (crushed wheat)
- Virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Lettuce or french fries
- Wash all vegetables well and set to dry.
- Once parsley has dried, remove the parsely leaves from stems and discard the stems.
- With a sharp knife, chop parsley very finely. Set aside in a bowl.
- Dice tomato into small pieces (should equal approximately one cup).
- Dice onions into fine pieces (should equal approximately 1/3 cup).
- Chop mint leaves very finely.
- Add tomatoes, onion and mint into bowl with parsley.
- Add 1 generous tablespoon of bulgar.
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (according to taste).
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt (according to taste).
- Stir ingredients well.
- Serve with lettuce as a wrap or with french fries.