Meatballs are one of the comfort foods popular at home, in restaurants or during special gatherings. They can be used in various dishes such as: spaghetti, gravy and meatballs, Swedish meatballs and more. Knowing that, I have decided to share with you my own meatballs' recipe. It is easy, fast and delicious. Surprise your loved ones with homemade meatballs instead of a cheap imitation found in the freezer of a grocery store. Enjoy!
- 2 lbs of lean ground beef
- 10 plain crackers or ¼ cup of regular oatmeal
- 1 tbsp of crushed garlic
- ½ tsp of salt
- ½ tsp of black pepper
- 1 egg
- Cooking spray
- Large mixing bowl
- Resealable plastic bag
- Rolling pin or can of food
- Large cookie sheet
- Measuring cup
- Measuring spoons
- If you choose to use crackers instead of oatmeal, you must put them in the resealable bag, close it and use a rolling pin or a can of food to crush the crackers into a fine grind.
- Put all the ingredients into the mixing bowl and mix them thoroughly with your hands.
- Spray the cookie sheet with some cooking spray. It will prevent sticky situations.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Put the grill to the second last level from the bottom of the oven.
- Make golfball-size meatballs by rolling the meat between your hands.
- Put the meatballs on the cookie sheet. Ensure they do not touch to each other.
- Cook the meatballs for approximately 30-35 minutes.
- Remove the meatballs from the cookie sheet as soon as possible as they are sitting in their greasy drippings.
- Mix the meatballs with the sauce or gravy of your choice.
- Serve and enjoy!
Meatballs are always fun to make as you can be creative when serving them. They are inexpensive to make, easy to do and delicious too. Family and friends will be delighted by their taste and will end up asking you for the recipe. Since meatballs are an all-time favourite, why not serve them often? Enjoy!