Those who are watching their weight are more conscious of what they eat than of how often they do their fitness workouts. The path they follow most often in order to stay healthy and fit is either to limit their food intake in every meal or to stick with a meatless diet. The former can be difficult to stick with, especially if you are really hungry. The latter is much kinder to the appetite if you can bear eating only veggies for every meal. Actually, it is possible to eat vegetarian food alone since vegetables can be prepared in ways which make them just as delicious as fatty meat.
By coming up with delicious vegetarian food, you will come to love being a vegetarian and you will certainly keep yourself free of fat. A recipe for a vegetarian dish, however, is hard to find in a meat-dominated culinary culture so here are a couple of recipes you can try.
1. If you love Italian cuisine, try this simple vegetarian pasta. First, have the following on your kitchen table:
- 1 peeled and diced carrot
- 1 peeled and diced potato
- 1 peeled and chopped onion
- 3 cups of shell pasta
- 1 piece of canned tomatoes
- 1 cup of green peas
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Boil the pasta and the potato to soften. When done, drain the water and set the pasta and potato aside. Get a saucepan and begin to sauté the garlic, onion, carrot, green peas, and olive oil. Add salt and pepper depending on your taste. Let the carrot soften first in the heat. Put in the tomatoes and let everything heat to a boil. Add the the pasta. Let this cook, while you stir it, for five minutes at the maximum. Remove it from the fire and you have a healthy vegetarian pasta dish.
2. Here is a tasty Chinese vegetarian recipe you will love. This is also an easy dish to make. Prepare first the following ingredients:
- 2 to 3 cups of vegetable soup stock
- 2 to 4 carrots cut in small cubes
- 150 grams of asparagus also cut in small cubes
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 3 strands of cilantro for garnish
- Salt and black pepper
Boil the vegetable soup stock, and then put in the asparagus and the carrots. Drop in some salt and pepper to your taste. Cook it for three minutes or more but make sure not to overcook the veggies. Pour it into a bowl and garnish it with sesame oil and cilantro.
As a vegetarian cook, it is wise to look around in the internet for items like the food pyramid, lists, blogs, recipes, guides and so on, especially since what you are specializing in is not easily found in regular cookbooks. Do not be satisfied with only a few recipes. Widen your knowledge about vegetarian food around the world and you'll find it easy to stick to a vegetarian diet.