Fettuccine Alfredo is a hot restaurant item. However, do you know that it is very easy to do one even at home? With this lovely recipe, you can impress just about anyone with this wonderful pasta. If you want to start today, follow this guide for the best-tasting fettuccine Alfredo you can ever have:
- Grab all the ingredients for this pasta dish. Prepare the following ingredients for the fettuccine Alfredo recipe: four ounces of Parmesan cheese, six tablespoons of salted butter, salt, two egg yolks, 20 ounces of fettuccine noodles, and 16 ounces heavy whipping cream. Prepare extra Parmesan cheese for toppings.
- Cook the pasta depending on the packaging instructions. For this recipe, it is best to use fresh noodles. However, dried pasta will also work as great. Cook the pasta perfectly to a state of al dente. Follow the instructions in the package to ensure that you get perfectly cooked pasta in the end. Keep in mind that the quality of the dish will depend mostly in how the pasta is cooked. Take note that no one wants overcooked and mushy pasta.
- Cook the sauce of the fettuccine Alfredo. Get a saucepan and melt the salted butter in medium heat. Pour in the heavy cream and continue to stir constantly. Add some salt and Parmesan cheese into the saucepan. Make sure to constantly stir the mixture until the grated Parmesan cheese is already melted. Take note that the greatness of the pasta sauce will depend on how well you stir the sauce during this process.
- Finish off the sauce of the pasta. Prepare a small bowl with some egg yolks in it. Get one-third cup of the newly prepared sauce while still hot and pour it in the bowl with the eggs. While doing this, make sure that you are whisking it constantly. This is necessary so that the eggs will not get scrambled. Then, add this mixture into the saucepan with the rest of the sauce. Simmer the sauce in medium low heat but do not bring it to a boil. Do this for only three to five minutes.
- Mix the pasta and the sauce perfectly together. Mix the hot pasta and the sauce together. You can garnish the pasta with grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- Pour in additional flavor to the fettuccine Alfredo. Though the pasta will taste great as is, you can make it even more special. To do this sauté half a pound of shrimps, mushrooms, butter, and garlic for around two minutes. Then, add one-third cup of white wine and simmer it until the wine is almost gone. Toss this together with the fettuccine Alfredo for a better-tasting pasta dish. Serve this the same way you will be serving a plane fettuccine Alfredo dish such as garnishing it with Parmesan cheese on top.
There is no more need for you to visit a restaurant just to feed your cravings of a great tasting fettuccine Alfredo. Discover this recipe and you will get the satisfaction you are looking for when it comes to a pasta dish. If you will serve it to someone, you will for sure earn his praise for such magnificent dish. Make this amazing recipe during special occasions or even during a regular day with the whole family.