Tofu is often used for making Asian, vegetarian, and vegan dishes. It’s usually a viand and not a snack like a cheese pie. It may sound scary to try how a Tofu Cheese Pie will taste. Amazingly, this recipe is equally tasty as other cheese pie variations. Plus, this is a healthier and guilt-free way to enjoy a delicious and creamy pie. The steps below details what you should do to make this one-of-a-kind cheese pie:
- Prepare the Tofu Cheese Pie ingredients. For the crust, you will need one-half block of butter, 14 finely crushed bars of graham crackers, and two tablespoons of sugar. For the filling, prepare: one box of cream cheese, one cup of tofu, one and a half stick of white gelatin, one cup of sugar, half cup of milk powder, three tablespoons of vanilla, and one and a half cup of water.
- Prepare the crust. Mix all the ingredients for the pie crust. Mix them well until the texture becomes crumbly. Oil a pie pan and then sprinkle the mixed ingredients for the crust. Press a little so that the crust will hold and form. Put the pie pan in the freezer. Let it in there while you’re preparing the pie’s filling.
- Boil the gelatin sticks in water. Add the vanilla and mix them well. Remove the fire when the gelatin sticks are completely dissolved.
- Blend together the ingredients for filling. Add in the cream cheese, milk, tofu, sugar, and melted gelatin in a blender. Blend them well until all the ingredients are evenly mixed.
- Get the frozen pie pan. Pour in the pie filling and even it out using a spatula. Cover the pie pan with plastic or aluminum foil. Freeze the pie until it is firmly solid. Serve.
Another way to do this is by baking the pie, which is the traditional
way to make pies. Follow the same procedure for making the pie crust,
only that you don’t have to freeze it. But refrigerating it is better.
To make the pie’s filling, mix 16oz of tofu, half can of apple juice
concentrate, half can of pumpkin puree, and one cup of strawberries in a
blender. Mix the ingredient well until the mixture is solidified. Pour
this on the pie crust. You can top the pie with some herbs and spices
like cloves and cinnamon.
Bake this in a preheated oven (350 degrees F) for about 40 minutes or until the
top is golden brown. Check if the filling is already cooked by sticking a
fork in it. The fork should not have traces of being watery.
After baking, let the pie to cool down to room temperature. You may eat
it already or leave it in the fridge overnight. Chilling this baked pie
will make the tofu more solid. Slice the pie and enjoy it with friends
Also, you can top both versions of Tofu Cheese Pie with whipped cream,
walnuts, fresh fruits, or syrup. Anything that won’t ruin but will
instead make the pie taste better will do great as a topping. What’s
important is that you will enjoy this new recipe not only because it is a
healthier alternative but because Tofu Cheese Pie is amazingly