One of the best ways to spend time with family and friends is to watch movie after movie. A movie marathon goes great with family bonding and is made better by munching mindlessly on a crunch treat – popcorn. The popcorn has been the staple partner of watching movies since people can remember. Whether it is its salty taste or the crunchy nature the popcorn is an all time favorite.
But do you know there is a delicious treat that is even better than popcorn. And that tasty treat that is better than popcorn is the white chocolate popcorn! It is a simple twist to an all time favorite, think of it as a variation to put more dimension to the popcorn. Here are some tips on how make white chocolate popcorn.
- Credits rolling. Hold it! Do not just sit on your favorite movie marathon couch just yet. Have you noticed any popcorn stand in your room? None, right. So that means you have to make your own white chocolate popcorn. But do not worry this will be easy and nice when you are done. You will just need the following. Grab popcorn kernels, vegetable oil, heavy pan, salt, large bowl, microwavable bowl, white chocolate chips, and a baking pan. Just put a little effort and you will get a big treat out of it.
- The cool is running. Yup, that is right! Chase away the cold from your pan by putting in two tablespoons of vegetable oil. Heat it up right. And by this time you should grease the surface of your baking pan.
- Pop it up. Now, get your cup of popcorn kernels. Pour it in the pan. Quickly put the lid on. Shake the pan as the popcorn cooks.
- Super popcorn bowl. When the popping of the popcorn has subsided, get your large bowl. Pour in the cooked popcorn into the bowl. Make sure that you do not drop any. Do not let any of these goodies go to waste. Salt to season. Bear in mind when tasting that later sweetness will be added to the taste range.
- The white chocolate can’t jump. Only the popcorn will do the jumping in this simple recipe. For the white chocolate chips, put it in the microwave safe bowl. And heat it in the microwave oven for a minute. After a minute, if the white chocolate has not melted completely, you have to stir it up. Then cook for some thirty seconds more. Another way of melting the white chocolate chips is through the double boiler on your stove. To do this, pour water in a pan. Then get a pan that will fit the pan with water. Let the bigger pan simmer as you put the chocolate chips in the smaller sized pan. Put the small pan in the simmering water. Be careful. Do not let the water touch the white chocolate.
Get your cooked popcorn. Pour the melted white chocolate all over. Let it cool. Then you are all set to sit in front of the TV and enjoy this great treat.
Don’t forget to share this sweet and salty treat to friends and family. Get some DVDs pop it in the player and munch away!