Marble fondant is a fun and delicious way to ice your cake. Marbling fondant involves combining at least two colors that are blended together to create a beautiful, unique dessert with a spectacular marble fondant finish. Here we walk you through the steps of how to marble fondant:
- First you want to select your marble fondant colors. You'll want at least two marble fondant colors that look nice together and are appropriate to the occasion or season. Are you marbling the fondant for a cake around Halloween? You might opt to marble fondant orange and black. In the spring, you might decide to marble fondant light and dark green. Mixing a color with white is also a great option when marbling fondant.
- Once you've selected your marble fondant colors, roll the marble fondant into balls. To apply the first marble fondant color, dip a toothpick into the color gel and apply it to the marble fondant ball. Remember, a little goes a long way here! Next, start working the color into the marble fondant ball to thoroughly mix your first marble fondant color.
- Repeat step 2 for the second marble fondant ball to create your next marble fondant color. If you decide to marble fondant a single color and contrast it with white, you only need to add color to one marble fondant ball and you can move on to the next step.
- Roll the two marble fondant balls into long rolls. You'll want them to be about a foot in length so that the marble fondant colors are easy to work with. Make sure the marble fondant rolls are roughly the same size. Place your marble fondant rolls next to each other and twist (for 2) or braid (for more than 2 colors) them together and pinch the ends together.
- Fold your twisted or braided marble fondant roll in half on wax paper and roll it out into a flat sheet. For a more marbled look, continue rolling out the twisted fondant rolls and folding the batch over itself. Be careful not to blend too much or you'll lose the marbled fondant effect. Now, the flat sheet of marbled fondant is ready to apply to your cake!
Marble fondant is an easy way to make a cake special. You can marble fondant the colors that are right for the occasion and really spice up your homemade cake with this fun recipe for marbling fondant.