A plain wine glass may be a boring item to give as a gift to a friend, but it can turn into a cherished item if it has been personalized to suit the personality of the one receiving it. Whether the wine glass is going to be used as a drinking item or as a decoration, the joy of receiving a personalized gift can be a blissful experience. You can even give a set of personalized crystal glassware for couples who are having their 15th anniversary since crystal is the traditional gift item for this anniversary.
So how can you personalize a wine glass?
- First of all, think of what the design should be. It could be a text or a picture. It can be your friend's name or nickname. It can be a greeting such as Happy Birthday or Happy 15th Wedding Anniversary. It can be your friend's favorite quotation or it can be a very short message that you want to say to your friend. It can be a word or two that your friend loves or that represents him. Pictures can be anything that is meaningful to your friend. Make sure that the designs are not small enough or big enough for the surface of the glass wine. No matter what your design is, it should be unique and something that the receiver can appreciate.
- Decide whether the design will be painted or etched on the glass. For etched designs, it can only be in one color. For painted designs, you have a lot of options to choose from. Think of the colors to be used in the design. Do you want all font and art in white so that when red wine fresh from the wine bottle is poured into it, the design will become visible? Do you want to use dark colors so that your designs are visible when the glass is empty?
- Now that you have your designs, you can seek professional help to have them on the wine glass or you can do it yourself if you're experienced.
- You can visit your local gift shop and see if they have wine glasses with personalize designs that you can purchase. Or better yet, if you have your own design already, you can ask the store owner if they can etch or paint the design for you on the wine glass at a cheap price. Your local signage maker can also etch your design on your wine glass too.
- You can also seek the services of your local engraver to have your design on your wine glass. They are usually the ones who make trophies and write the texts on brass metals, acrylic glasses or wooden labels. Aside from trophies, they can create a lot of similar items too such as key holders, name plates,&etc.
- You can also do the designs on the glass yourself but these require a bit of expertise. If you want to etch designs on glass, you can either sandblast the design on the glass surface or you can use a commercially available etching cream. If you want to paint your designs to your glass, you can use water-based glass paint. Typically, painted glasses are dishwasher-safe after they are cured.
So what are you waiting for? Whether you do it for yourself or for someone else, decorate a wine glass with personal touches now.