You can buy powdered lemon juice or lemon juice in tetra packs and boxes from the supermarket but nothing beats fresh squeezed lemonade. This is a drink that is refreshing, especially in the summertime. If you want to make your own freshly squeezed lemonade, you can do so with some ingredients that may already be in your kitchen. You can also do lemonade variations to make it more interesting.
Here are the steps to making fresh squeezed lemonade:
- Ingredients and Materials - The ingredients that you will need are water, 5 large lemons and 3/4 cup sugar and ice. The materials that you will need are a pitcher, a stirrer, strainer and a juicer. If you need more fresh squeezed lemonade, you can double or even triple the recipe.
- Preparation - The first thing that you will have to do is to wash the lemons and pat it dry. Use the juicer to get all the juices from the 5 lemons that you have. Strain the seeds from the lemon juice and throw away the seeds.
- Mixing the Fresh Lemonade - Get the pitcher and put in 3 cups of water. Add the lemon juice and the sugar in the pitcher. Stir the mixture until all the sugar has been dissolved. Place ice cubes inside the pitcher and serve. If you want your lemonade to be a bit chilled, you can put the pitcher inside the refrigerator for several minutes or you can put your glasses inside the freezer before you make the lemonade so that it will be chilled by the time you finish.
- Serving - If you have guests and you want to impress them with your freshly squeezed lemonade, you can get your chilled glass and dip the rim on water. After this, dip the rim of the glass on sugar. This will make your glass look nicer. If you want, you can also include thin slices of lemon inside the glass or on the side of the glass.
- Variations - There are some variations that you can do to your lemonade. You can make a limeade by substituting the lemon with lime. You can also put mint leaves inside the lemonade mixture to add a hint of mint. This will make the taste of your lemonade cooler. Another thing you can do is to put a drop or two of red food coloring on the lemonade. This will give you a pink lemonade.
- Benefits - There are benefits in drinking lemonade. Drinking lemonade can be used for cleansing. You can drink lemonade to eliminate toxins from your body including alcohol. You can also include lemonade in your detox diet.
These are the steps to create your own fresh squeezed lemonade. If you want more variations to make your lemonade unique, you can research online for recipes of other lemonade variations. You can drink the fresh squeezed lemonade with your meals or you can also take them to quench your thirst and be refreshed during the summer.