Noodles are a kind of food made from dough. They are cooked in boiling water. They may be dried or refrigerated before cooking, are made from different ingredients and may come in different shapes.
There are varieties of noodles available in the market nowadays. Some may come from rice grain that appears flat and thick. Cellophane is a kind of Oriental noodles that came from mung beans. Somen or Japanese noodle Udon is a thick wheat-based noodle. Italy’s pride Roman noodle came from durum wheat. It is later on called as the modern pasta “lasagna.”
Noodles are served in almost every occasion. People of different ages find noodles a good meal. Preparing noodles like the Roman noodles can satisfy the people who are going to eat. Here are the easy steps on how to prepare Roman Noodles:
- Have all the ingredients ready. You will need a cup of wheat flour and a cup of whole wheat flour. Prepare a half cup of water or more. You will need at least two quarts of chicken broth, two cups of grated Parmesan cheese, a quarter of a cup of white sugar, half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder, ginger powder, grains of paradise and galangal powder. You will also need quarter of a teaspoon of nutmeg and some salted butter.
- Mix the flour and water. Knead the dough using your hands and place the dough on a wooden slab. Add more water if needed. Leave the dough for about an hour or so to let it dry.
- Once the dough is dry, put some flour onto the wooden slab. Spread the dough on the slab with your hands. Using a rolling pin, flatten it up until you achieve finger-thick dough.
- Cut the dough into strips using a sharp knife. Make sure you stick with the same thickness to achieve uniformity in size.
- Place the broth in a cooking pot and let it boil. Once it is ready, put the prepared noodles and stir constantly using a wooden spoon. Make sure you place just enough noodles to avoid them from sticking to each other.
- Once the noodles are cooked, remove them from the broth and drain the excess water. Transfer the noodles into a clean pan and put some butter on afterward.
- Finish cooking all the remaining noodles by following the same procedure.
- Once all the noodles are cooked, put some grated Parmesan cheese on them. Sprinkle some cinnamon powder, nutmeg and white sugar for a more flavorful taste. Adding spices like ginger powder, grains of paradise and galangal is optional.
You can now serve the delicious Roman noodles while they are warm and fresh. In case of noodle leftovers, put the noodles in a plastic, and use packing peanuts, to save the noodle from being crushed. Keep it in a chiller and reheat the noodles using a microwave.
Noodles are one of the most enjoyable dishes to prepare. By following these easy steps mentioned in this article, you can enjoy a mouth-watering serving of Roman noodles.