If you love drinking wine, you must have a lot of empty wine bottles stored in your house. You can do a lot of things with these wine bottles in order to recycle them. You can do this so that you can contribute in your own little way in lessening the amount of wastes that are being dumped in landfills. You can either sell them, or create new things with the old wine bottles.
Here are some ways you can reuse your empty wine bottles:
- Curbside Pick-Up. One of the ways to get rid of your empty wine bottles is to donate them to curbside pick-up programs. These programs collect different types of recyclable materials, such as empty bottles, newspapers, plastic bottles and others. You can contact your local government to know how to donate your wine bottles to the program. You will have to sort out the bottles or beer bottles according to their color.
- Soap Dispenser. One way for you to create something completely different out of your wine bottles is to make one a soap dispenser. You will just have to buy a spout that fill fit on the mouth of the bottle where the wine stoppers or the corks usually are placed. Then, you can buy liquid soap and transfer it inside the wine bottle. You now have a unique liquid soap dispenser that you can put in your kitchen or in the bathroom.
- Candle Holders. Make candle holders out of your empty wine bottles. Go to your wine storage and collect empty wine bottles of different colors and sizes. Purchase different sizes of candles to add variety. You have to make sure that the size of the candle fits snugly on the mouth of the wine bottles. Place the candlesticks on the mouth of the wine bottle, and you have an instant candle-holder.
- Wine Accessories. You will also have to take into consideration the corks that come with the wine bottles. Collect the corks. You can donate these corks to Yemm & Hart Green Materials. The website for this company is www.yemmhar.com. You can visit the website to know the details on donating the corks and other recyclable materials. The company has a wine cork recycling program where the corks that are donated are turned into different types of products.
- Oil Lamp. Use the bottle as the main container of your oil lamp. Purchase a wick, lamp oils of your choice of scent, a wick stopper made of ceramic and a glass flame protector. Pour some oil inside the bottle. Put the wick through the ceramic wine stopper and place it inside the bottle. Use the glass flame protector when you are going to use the oil lamp.
These are some of the options you have when you want to reuse your empty wine bottles. Not only will you be able to recycle the bottles and help nature, you will also be exercising your creativity in creating different products. You can even do this as a small business. You can make money out of the wine bottles that you are ready to discard.