Shrimps are tasty delicacies served in numerous ways: sautéed, skewered, breaded, cocktail, served with pasta, etc. The way our family prefer them is sautéed with garlic. Of course, you have to be careful as shrimps cook quickly and, when overcooked, can lose some taste and adopt a rubbery texture. How do I make them? Let's see...
- 25-30 large deveined shrimps
- 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic
- 4 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine
- Pepper (freshly crushed is tastier)
- 1 large frying pan (Teflon is better as it doesn't stick)
- 1 wooden spoon
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 serving spoon
- Preheat the frying pan on high heat.
- Add and melt 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine.
- Add 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic.
- Add 25-30 large-size deveined shrimps.
- Sauté the shrimps until they start to turn light pink.
- Add 4 tablespoons of oyster sauce.
- Cook no more than 5 minutes or until the shrimps are a nice shade of pink. Do not overcook!
- Turn off the heat, serve and...enjoy!
Once you sauté your own garlic shrimps, it will become one of your family's favourites. Enjoy!