A pie is a baked food that is made up of the filling and dough or crust covering it. There are different types of pie such as filled pie, top crust pie and two crusts pie. Filled pie is a type of pie in which the filling is placed on top of the crust. A top crust pie is a type of pie in which a potato or pastry mash is put on top of the filling. A two crust pie is a type of pie in which the filling is all covered with pastry shell. If you love pies and you’re into coconuts, then coconut custard pie is totally for you! You can make your own coconut custard pie at home. You don’t need to have an experience in baking or making pies to do this. You don’t have to worry about making the crust of your coconut custard pie because it creates its own crust. It’s very easy to do and you’ll be amazed how good it tastes when you’re done with the steps. You will need an oven, blender, pie pan, measuring cups and spoons, butter, milk, egg, all purpose flour, coconut, vanilla extract and sugar. All of the ingredients are available on grocery stores and supermarkets near you.
Here are the easy steps in making a coconut custard pie:
- Turn on the oven and set it at 350 degrees. While waiting for the oven to heat, get the pan then grease and sprinkle all purpose flour on it. You can use one 10 inch pie pan or two 8 inch pie pans.
- Pour 6 tbsp. of butter, ½ cup of all purpose flour, 4 pieces of eggs, ¾ cups of sugar, 2 cups of milk and 1 tsp. of vanilla extract to the blender.
- Turn the blender on to blend the ingredients of your coconut custard pie. Make sure to set the blender on medium speed. Let the ingredients blend for several seconds then turn off the blender.
- Get 1 cup of coconut and add to the blended ingredients. Stir the mixture so that the coconut will be incorporated with the blended ingredients.
- Pour mixture onto the 10 inch pie pan or two 8 inch pie pans.
- Put the pie pan on the oven. Bake for about 1 hour. Check on the pie every now and then because this can also be cooked in less than an hour. The pie is done when the crust is already firm but the center should still be a bit soft. The center part will set completely while cooling.
- If the coconut custard pie is already done, remove the pie pan from the oven and let it cool down. Slice the coconut custard pie and get a piece for you to taste.
Have a bite of your delicious and easy to make coconut custard pie and
see how well you did. Let your friends and family taste it and enjoy
your pie. You can also make this as a source of income by selling your
homemade coconut custard pie. You can start getting small orders from
people you know and who knows, this may be the start of your own