Jello is a delicious snack in general so at your next party bring out the Jello but with a little kick. Jello shots are a definite hit at any party, your guests will go crazy for them. They are easy to make and fun to drink, but make plenty of them because they won't last long. If you have children at your party keep an eye on them to ensure that they don't try any of the ‘special' Jello meant for adults only. Follow this easy recipe and you'll have some great tasting Jello shots for your guests to enjoy.
- First you'll need 6 ounces of Jello which is equivalent to one large package in any flavor you desire. The other items you'll need are:
- 16 ounces of boiling water, 6 ounces of cold water, 10 ounces of Vodka, 20 small plastic cups, Non stick cooking spray and a mixing bowl.
- Now that you have all the ingredients handy it's time to make the Jello shots. Pour the Jello packet into the mixing bowl. First, mix in the boiling water and stir, then let the mixture sit for about a minute. Next stir in the vodka and cold water be sure and mix it up completely.
- Spray each of the small cups with non-stick cooking spray and set the cups out on a cookie sheet or platter. Pour equal amounts of the mixture into each of the cups until you have them all filled. Place the Jello shots into your fridge for about 2 hours so that the Jello can set.
- Once the two hours has passed you are ready to serve your guests.
There are many different variations of Jello shots. If you are not a big vodka drinker, you can experiment with other types of alcohol. Rum and tequila are both great alternatives to vodka. There are many different flavors of Jello that you can mix with rum, tequila, champagne or whatever you're favorite hard alcohol may be. You can experiment and add a little more alcohol if you want a more potent Jello shot, but its just like any other experiment if you add too much the Jello might not set, leaving you with a runny mess.
Have fun and enjoy the Jello shots but drink responsibly. Since the alcohol is mixed with Jello it takes a little longer for you to feel the full effect, but keep in mind that it's in there and consuming a Jello shot is the same as having a straight shot of alcohol.