Try these new popular ketchup recipes. Discover how ketchup can stimulate your appetite.
Recipe 1: The Banana Ketchup
Unlike the others, it doesn't have much flavor from the tomato because it is the banana flavor that stands out. You can try this with pork or chicken. Allot 15 minutes for the preparation and one half hour for the cooking time itself.
- Prepare a half cup of raisins (preferably the golden ones)
- One third cup of onions - sweet and chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves - slice into 4
- One third cup of tomato paste
- Four bananas (they should be peeled, sliced, and preferably large in size)
- 1-1/3 cup of vinegar
- Three to four cups of water
- One pack of brown sugar
- One half teaspoon of salt
- One half teaspoon of pepper
- One-fourth cup of corn syrup
- Two teaspoons ground allspice
- One teaspoon ground cinnamon
- One half teaspoon of grated nutmeg
- One-fourth teaspoon of ground cloves
- Two tablespoons of dark rum
How to prepare the banana ketchup:
- Put together the raisins, two-third cup of vinegar, onion, tomato, banana, and garlic in one bowl. Process them until they are smooth. Then transfer the mixture in a saucepan.
- Add another two-third cup of vinegar, pepper, three cups of water, salt and brown sugar.
- Let it boil for one hour and fifteen minutes.
- Add the corn syrup, cloves, allspice, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir it often for fifteen minutes.
- Let it cool in room temperature. You can put it in a bottle.
This next recipe is made with tomato ketchup as its main ingredient. You can use Heinz or even the banana ketchup you made.
Recipe 2: The Toasted Tomato
- Six pounds of tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of onion – it should be finely chopped
- Two cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup of red wine
- 1/2 cup of vinegar and pepper
How to prepare the toasted tomato:
- Roast the tomatoes for 20 minutes.
- Let them cool and then transfer them in a blender.
- In a pot, warm the sugar with continuous stirring.
- Put the garlic and onion in the roasted tomatoes. Cook it for ten minutes.
- Add the vinegar and continue cooking it for 20 minutes.
- You can put in some chicken to blend with your banana ketchup.
See? Ketchup can be an all-around ingredient. Adding them in every dish we make will add some extra flavor in our meals.