The chicken breast is a very versatile meat that can be cooked in a variety of ways. Chicken will soak in any flavors that you use in the dish, and there are hundreds of delicious uses for it.
If you’re not sure how you want to cook the chicken you buy, choose boneless skinless chicken breast, as it is appropriate for the widest range of dishes. You should usually plan on one breast per person, unless you plan to serve it in pasta, stir fry, soup, casserole, or a similar dish. This article includes some easy recipes that you can master. It also provides tips for baking, grilling, and more. Here are a few ways to cook boneless skinless chicken breasts:
- Grilling. Grilling chicken breasts can offer a taste unlike any other form of cooking. Before grilling it, you can marinate it just like steak in your refrigerator, or you can use a spice rub. Then, grill it on the barbecue just like any other meat. If you’re using a sauce with sugar, such as barbecue or teriyaki sauce, wait until the last few minutes to coat the chicken with it, or the sauce will burn on the barbecue.
- Sautéing. Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large skillet or wok. Then cook the boneless skinless chicken breast in the pan until it is fully cooked and the outside has turned a light golden brown. This method is a great way to cook chicken for stir fry or to add to pasta dishes. You can cook it whole, or chop or slice it before cooking to make the process go faster.
- Baking. Baking chicken breasts is a great preparation method -- especially on those chilly evenings. There are many different ways to bake them. You can use a sauce, for example a tomato sauce or a cream-based sauce, or simply add a little olive oil and lemon or herbs to a baking dish. Although the cooking temperature and time depends on the recipe you use, generally it takes just about 15 minutes at 450 degrees, or 45-60 minutes at 350 or 375 degrees. Always cut a piece of chicken open to make sure it’s done before you turn the oven off.
- Crockpot. This is a great way to choose! There are many delicious crockpot recipes that can use raw boneless skinless chicken breasts. This will take all day, so be sure to start it in the morning.
- Microwaving. Yes, you can even microwave it. This is best done when you need cooked chicken breast for a recipe, such as chicken noodle soup, where it will be further cooked with other ingredients to give it flavor.
These easy recipes should help you when deciding on methods of cooking chicken breast. There are so many ways to cook the boneless skinless kind, so you're sure to find something you like. It will easily absorb any flavors you cook it with, and it does not require a long cooking time to tenderize the meat, unlike many cuts of beef. They can be incorporated into nearly any worldwide cuisine, from Italian food and Chinese food to Mexican food. Do not cook them for too long, or they can become dry. No matter what method you use, make sure that the chicken breast reaches at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit; 170 degrees is recommended by some.