Chronic pain is something that is very difficult to live with. There are a lot of painkillers that you can take for the pain but these painkillers can have negative effects to your body. The best thing that you can do to relive the pain is to go to a pain management center. Pain management centers specialize in lessening the pain through different approaches that suit the patient. These pain management centers can reduce the pain dramatically when treatments are done.
Here are some of the best pain management centers where you can undergo treatment:
- Brigham and Women's Hospital Pain Management Center. This pain management center was named as one of the six Clinical Centers of Excellence in 2007. Some of the services that are offered in this pain management center are alternative medicine, occupational medicine, therapy and a comprehensive program. The patient must first be diagnosed so that the physician can suggest the best type of program for the patient.
- Center for Pain Control. Most of the patients that go to this pain management facility reported reduce or complete disappearance of the pain. This can increase the quality of life for patients. This organization center has a comprehensive approach to patients. Before suggesting a treatment plan, the patient must undergo a detailed examination and different types of testing. From the results of the examination, the doctor will be able to give the best solution for the pain problems. Most of the common conditions that are treated are back pain, cancer pain, facial pain, neck pain and reflex sympathetic dystrophy.
- Stanford Pain Center. This pain management center was recognized as a Clinical Center of Excellence in the year 2008 by the American Pain Society. This pain management clinic offers services to people who have acute pain or chronic pain. They also have the best treatments and advanced treatments that are able to cure pain. They offer different types of therapy, such as psychological therapy, rehabilitation therapy, procedural therapy and more.
- Kernan Orthopaedics and Rehabilitation Pain Management Center. This pain management facility specializes in treating patients that have chronic pain. Some of the objectives of this pain process center include diagnosing and treating chronic pain, increasing the physical abilities of the patients, reducing pain and discomfort and increasing self-care skills.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Pain Management Center. This pain management center has different treatment approaches that can help alleviate or eliminate pain. Some of their approaches include physical medicine, psychological evaluation of the patients, pharmacological management and more. They treat angina pectoris, cancer related pain, weight related pain and patients that have a history of substance abuse.
These are some of the best pain management centers. If you are experiencing a lot of pain, whether it be chronic or acute pain, it is advisable to seek treatment from one of these facilities. Lessening or fully eliminating the pain can dramatically increase your quality of life. You can engage in more physical activities and you won't have to worry about taking pain medications all the time.