Being perfectly fit does not require a complete gym system in your home. Actually, even if you only have a stationary bike, you can meet all of your exercise goals. When you have a stationary bicycle at home, in the absence of a trainer, you can actually do a lot of exercises to target different health goals. Here are some of the activities you can do with a stationary bike that you can perform daily:
- Ten-Minute Cardio Workout - This is especially useful for beginners who have little or no experience in exercising. This kind of workout plan earned a lot of good reviews since it is effective and is easy to do in a daily manner. Actually, it just involves three steps such as:
- This is the warming up stage where you can bike in a very comfortable manner with a very low resistance level. This needs to be done in about three minutes.
- You need to work a little harder than the first step by increasing the resistance level. Still, it should be noted that it is just high enough that you can still carry a usual conversation. You need to keep this pace for a total of four minutes.
- Slowly decrease the resistance and the pace until you reach a comfortable pace. This is the cooling down level and needs to be done in three minutes.
- Aerobic Exercise Bike Workout - This kind of workout is best if your purpose is to burn fat and to lose weight. Biking with music for 20 to 30 minutes daily will help you burn an approximation of 300 calories in a day.
- Exercise Bike Interval Workout - Workouts or exercises of this kind are actually good for weight loss. Reviews of this program as well as studies have shown that it can burn up to as much as three times more calories than the usual aerobic bike exercises. In a span of 20 minutes daily, eight seconds of intense effort and 12 seconds of recovery need to be done in intervals. This kind of interval program is an intermediate activity. For advanced ones, eight, 10, 15 and 20 seconds of intense effort needs to be done in intervals with 45 minutes of recovery. Afterwards, the interval starts in the 20 seconds of intense effort down to eight seconds. This process should be repeated in 20 minutes.
There are a lot more different kinds of exercise activities that can be done on a stationary bike. Whatever kind of bike you have with you, be it a magnetic bike, proform bike, or resistance bike, it is important that the workouts are done regularly. This is to ensure good results.
However, if you are having a hard time in selecting the best daily workouts for you, it is best if you ask a trainer or read reviews of different kinds of programs. In this case, you will be assured that the efforts you put into exercising on a stationary bike will give you only favorable results.