When it comes to weight problems, the first thing that comes to mind is a fat person. Having weight problems doesn't always mean being overweight. A percentage of people who have weight problems are too skinny for their height. Some people are just not able to gain weight no matter how much they eat. Another problem with skinny people is that some of them appear to be skinny but the percentage of their body fat is high.
You can avoid being super skinny by following a few simple tips:
- Avoid Stress. One of the causes of weight loss is stress. You might not notice it at first but being stressed takes a toll on your body. This has been scientifically proven. If the body is stressed it tends to release cortisol. Cortisol is a hormone which increases your metabolic rate. This results in having a skinnier body. To avoid stress, engage in an activity that will help you relax. You can have weekly massages or you can try yoga.
- Good Eating Habits. Have good eating habits to increase your weight. Choose to eat food that is healthy, but high in calories. Eat more of these types of food and avoid eating fat and sugar. Another thing you have to do is to eat more meals in a day. If you eat 3 times a day, try to increase it to 4 full meals or more. This diet plan will work for both men and women.
- Weight Training. Enroll yourself in the nearest gym and get an instructor to help you with your weight training program. Going to the gym and exercising is not only for weight loss. You can tone your muscles and gain more body weight because muscles weigh more than fats. You do not have to go to the gym everyday. 2 or 3 times a week should help you gain enough weight.
- Plan Your Meals. You have to stick to a weight diet to gain body mass. Stick to the foods that will help you gain weight. Have a balanced meal containing something from the meat group, vegetable group, fruit group, grain group and milk group. Combine the types of food from these groups for each full meal that you take. Some of the foods included here are milk, cheese, ice cream, pasta, cereals, breads, fish, meat poultry and fresh vegetables.
- Things to Avoid. You must avoid doing some things to help you in your weight gain regimen. Avoid caffeine and nicotine. Both of these increase the body's metabolism and cause you to digest food more quickly. Another thing to avoid is having only a few meals a day.
These are some of the tips you can use to gain weight if you are too skinny. If you are trying to gain weight, it is also not healthy for you to be a "skinny fat person". A skinny fat person is physically skinny, but has a very high percentage of body fat. The best thing for you to do is to determine how healthy you are and create a diet that will keep you healthy.