Sometimes, it is hard to smile when others try to tell you that you are overweight. On the other hand, what the others say will not matter that much to you if you are confident with yourself and you believe that nothing could go wrong even if they tell you such things. This seems easier said than done that is why still, many find it hard to put a smile in their face if they are overweight. So here are some tips on how to be happy if you are overweight:
- You are not the only one. One way to console yourself when your physical condition is in such circumstance is to put in your mind that you are not the only one in your situation. According to F as in Fat: How Obesity Policies Are Failing in America 2009, a report from the RWJF or Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and TFAH or Trust for America's Health, the rates in adult obesity rose in 23 of the country’s states. Not one state had a decrease in rates the past year. Moreover, overweight or obese children and adult alike account for almost 30% of the population.
- Obesity can be treated. Many people consider obesity as a disease that could not be treated at all. Worse, they take it as an epidemic haunting America during this century. Unfortunately for those people, what they claim is wrong. So don’t feel bad about yourself if you are overweight because it could still be treated. Think of it as a flu you experienced for a few days, but it won’t last that long for proper medications could cure it. If you suddenly find yourself under such physical condition, don’t forget to put a smile in your face for with proper lifestyle and medication, you could still get out of that situation.
- Talk to your friends. Remembering the old saying, “a friend in need is a friend in deed” is an effective way for you to be happy even if you are overweight. It is like finding comfort in your friends. Talk to them as often as you can. Go out with them and spend your weekends shopping or having some fun.
- Believe in yourself. You have to develop a strong self-esteem and good deal of confidence even if you are overweight. In this way, you will find no difficulty in dealing with what other people say. Do not be afraid to hear things about you being overweight for if you believe in yourself and you know that your condition is not permanent, everything will be fine.
- Prepare yourself for weight loss programs. Indeed, obesity is neither a disease nor an epidemic that will stay permanently. But what you have to do is to entertain prospects of engaging yourself to certain weight loss programs. You may be taking some medications but it must coupled with proper physical response through exercise routines so that the efforts will not be in vain.
Now, if you are still unhappy of your physical condition right now, there must be something wrong. Being overweight should not let you down nor limit you from engaging in social conventions. Remember that it is not a disease that cannot be treated. There will always be ways to cure it. So put a smile in that grumpy face of yours and go out tell the world that there is nothing wrong with you.