Sexy is not tied to one’s age. You can be sexy at 20, 30, 40 and even at 70! At 46, if you don’t feel sexy, then bring the sexy back! It’s never too late to feel sexy again.
But what is sexy? Different people have different definitions of this word. Sexy can be a lot of things: an hourglass figure, the way you dress, way you move or the way you think. At 46, sexy should be a state of mind that makes you feel good and confident as a woman.
You want to start feeling sexy again at 46? Here’s what you need to do.
- Live a healthy lifestyle. You don’t need to be a size zero to feel sexy. But, it is important that you take good care of your body. Eat healthier foods and drink lots of water. As a person ages, she becomes prone to more illnesses and other medical conditions. Her skin begins to lose its’ glow. Stop eating fatty foods or those laden with sugar and salt. Go for fresh fruits and vegetables. Drink milk to keep your bones strong. Add vitamins and minerals to your diet. Exercise regularly. Always try to get enough sleep and keep away from pollutants especially cigarette smoke! A healthy body is a sexy body size zero or otherwise.
- Take care of your skin and hair. Clear, soft and smooth skin is sexy. As a person ages, she loses more moisture. Use body and facial soaps that will not dry your skin. Moisturize with your favorite lotion. Stay out of the sun to avoid wrinkles and age spots. Take care of your hair. An occasional hot oil treatment is good not only for your locks but your scalp as well.
- Indulge and pamper yourself. If you can afford it, go to the spa and treat yourself every so often. Have a massage, manicure, pedicure and full body treatment. In case you are low on funds, learn self-massage techniques that you can do in the comfort of your home. Do this for yourself and no one else.
- Update your wardrobe. You don’t need to buy low-cut dresses or mini-skirts. Just jazz up your wardrobe. Look for styles that flatter your body shape. You may not like certain parts of your body but don’t fret. There are clothing items that can help you conceal your most unflattering parts. Buy clothes that make you feel good. Stay away from clothes that leave nothing to the imagination and make sure to dress you age!
- Update your mind. Smart is definitely sexy. Read, read, and read! Take the time to read different types of books. Read the classics. Check out novels of substance. Peruse the newspaper. Engage in other mental activities that will keep your mind sharp.
- Love and accept yourself. Each individual is different. Don’t compare yourself to the next person or to a model or actress. You are your own person with your own skills, talents, dreams and goals. Always do the best that you can not only for yourself but for others. Having an inner confidence is what will make you feel sexy.
Feeling sexy is looking sexy. It is a state of mind, not a dress size. Sexy is how you feel inside. It’s about loving yourself, being confident and accepting who you truly are. At 46, it is not difficult to be sexy. In fact, the older you get the wiser you are, the sexier you should feel.