Motion sickness, sometimes referred to as sea sickness, usually happens while travelling by car, train, boat, airplane, or even by being in a ride of an amusement park. The symptoms include dizziness, nausea, vomiting, cold sweats, paleness of the skin, and fatigue. The feelings caused by motion sickness can simply be a minor nuisance or can incapacitate you, especially when your brain receives conflicting signals from your eyes, inner ear, and body. Medications can be taken for motion sickness to control its symptoms but the available medications can impair judgment and cause drowsiness.
Since most people choose not to take medications for motion sickness while on vacation or travelling, acupressure bands for motion sickness have been made available. The bands when worn, can simulate acupressure and help eliminate, if not reduce the symptoms of motion sickness. Before buying Acupressure Bands for Motion Sickness look into the following:
1. Determine what causes your motion sickness and when it occurs for you or the person you are buying the bands for. By knowing when it happens, you would be able to prevent its occurrence. Find out if you feel the symptoms:
- When riding a car or a moving vehicle with poor ventilation
- if you are sitting in a car’s back seat, a cruise ship, boat or an airplane but cannot see outside the window
- if you are pregnant and can feel nausea
- if you have a strong fear or anxiety about traveling
2. Read more about the advantages of using acupressure wrist bands for motion sickness or sea sickness and the available types. There are many brand names you can choose from. The more popular brands are Sea-Band and Travel Band. The wristbands look like elastic sweatbands and have a stud or plastic button built on them. You need one band for each wrist. Make sure the wristbands will securely and snugly fit especially on a child’s wrist as they will not work well if too loose.
Read more about the advantages of using Acupressure Wrist Bands for Motion Sickness or Sea Sickness and the available types. There are many brand names you can choose from. The more popular brands are Sea-Band and Travel Band. The wristbands look like elastic sweatbands and have a stud or plastic button built on them. You need one band for each wrist. Make sure the wristbands will securely and snugly fit especially on a child’s wrist as they will not work well if too loose.
In acupuncture, fine needles are inserted into pressure points, while an acupressure wristband has plastic studs that apply pressure on acupuncture points, known as the Pericardium 6 on a person’s wrist to relieve nausea. These points are also known as Nei Kuan acupressure points, found on the inner side of the wrist, about 2 inches from the center of the wrist going up.
It is safe to use acupressure bands for motion sickness since they are drug-free. These bands can be used without taking medications for nausea, but if necessary, can be used with anti-nausea pills.
3. Look for reliable suppliers. Acupressure bracelets or wrist bands are usually available in local pharmacies, cruise line shops and even airport stores. Amazon.com and Pharmacy.com also offer selections of motion sickness bands and bracelets at good prices.
4. Compare the prices offered and how many pairs you would need. Purchase the quantity you need either online or in store, before you travel or go on vacation. Be sure to read the manufacturer’s instructions before using the wristbands. Be sure to wear the bands before the symptoms start. They are easy to wear and you would not notice you are wearing them after a period of time.
If you forgot to wear the bands before you go on your trip, immediately wear them as soon as the symptoms start and in about 5 to 10 minutes you will start feeling better. To prolong the life of your acupressure wristbands for motion sickness, follow the instructions on how to care for the bands as instructed by the manufacturer.