Resistance bands are effective substitutes for weight lifts. They are a less stressful instrument of exercise that create almost the same impact as weights. Resistance bands come in different varieties. They differ in skill level. They also differ in resistance levels to suit the training routine that you wish to apply.
Here are tips on how to buy resistance bands:
- Go to your local sporting store. Find bands according to your preferred resistance. Manufacturers use color-coding for resistance bands. Every color represents a certain resistance. Every company differs in labeling and coloring resistance bands. You have to read the labels carefully. That way you will not end up buying the wrong resistance band. Buying the wrong resistance band and using it may be harmful especially if you are a beginner. You do not want your exercise to turn into a disaster.
- Choose different resistance level of bonds. Choose enough for a complete workout. Beginners are advised to start with low resistance bands to prevent muscle strain. If you are a beginner, you can also use a high resistance band for a different exercise if you want to.
- You may seek help from store clerks. They are there to help you. Ask them about your concerns. If it is your first time to do the exercise, ask them about it. Being knowledgeable about it lets you know what to expect.
- Stretch each band using both your hands before you buy it. By doing so, you would know if you are comfortable with it. Your hands should feel comfortable while stretching resistance bands. Since resistance bands are made from different materials, it is best to know what fits your hands best.
- Make sure that the bands you choose are easy to use. You do not want to be confused the very moment you are in the heat of your exercise. Disturbances during exercise affect the kind of work you produce. If it is your fist time to do the exercises choose a simple band. Do not complicate everything for yourself just yet. Your body has to adapt to the feel of resistance bands first. As your tolerance to resistance increase, that is the time for you to switch to complicated resistance bands.
- Buy accessories for your resistance bands. Accessories allow you to attach your band in different ways and perform various exercises. You may want to buy door attachments, if you don't have a sturdy pole or railing to attach the bands to.
- Make sure to test how much strain the pole you attach your band into could take. Ensure that it is sturdy, and in a safe place. You should avoid attaching resistance bands to any surface that will easily break.
- Always remember that the best exercise is the safe exercise. Know your body well. You will be able to do exercises responsibly once you understand your body's capacity. Do not over strain yourself from exercise.
Using resistance bands is an effective way to exercise. Just make sure to follow this guide when you choose the right resistance band for you.