After a drinking session, when you drink one bottle too many, you get a hangover. Or you had too much of a drug that you should have taken in regulation. Some of the common characteristics of a hangover are headaches, nausea, lethargy, thirst, dysphoria, and sensitivity to noise and light. It’s such an unpleasant feeling that all you want to do is to lie in bed and sleep. There is a bitter taste in your mouth and a general feeling of discomfort, such that you want to throw out. It is like your body telling you, “You should not have drank too much”.
Hangovers can ultimately weaken you and disturb your body mechanism. Here are some useful tips on how to cure a hangover.
- Get plenty of sleep to help your body recover. Sleep is the body’s mechanism to recovering and re-energizing.
- Hydrate your body with lots of water and fruit juices. This will help flush the alcohol that you ingested over your drinking session out of your body.
- Caffeine is a “no-no”. A light cup of coffee might be fine but large a dose of caffeine will dehydrate you, and you certainly do not want this to happen to you.
- To ingest more vitamin C, drink orange juice or you can also drink sports drinks.
- Foods that contain minerals like canned fish or pickles will be a great help.
- Try drinking “bloody mary”. Its ingredients like celery and tomato juice are rich in vitamins. If you do this, your body will deal with the new alcohol and will ignore the old one. You can also try drinking “hair of the dog” or “virgin mary.” Their contents, like hot sauce, will surely ease your hangover.
- A shower will help, plus switching the water from hot to cold.
- Take a good exercise. Others say that when we are exercising, we intend to drink plenty of water than usual and eventually our body cleanses by its own through sweating.
- Take vitamin B.
- Some say that one of the fastest ways of curing a hangover is taking in honey-sweetened banana milkshake. Banana can calm the stomach while honey rebuilds the depleted blood and sugar level. Milk rehydrates and soothens the system of the body.
If you did all these things and your headache still lingers, don't worry, time will surely cure it, but never, never take any kind of aspirin. The side effects of such can be intensified if alcohol is still in your body. This will cause severe damage to your liver. Likewise, ibuprofen can cause certain side effects like stomach bleeding. So my advice, do not stick with quick relief medicines because there is no shortcut in curing a hangover.
Do you want to know the best medicine? The best medicine is “prevention,” as what they always say, “Prevention is better than cure.” Therefore, drink lightly and soberly. Happy Drinking!!!