Every day, the human body is subjected to various toxins and stress. The amount of food the body consumes and puts a tremendous pressure on the digestive organs. Give yourself a break and engage in a three day cleanse. Doing a three day cleanse or other type of detoxification process isn’t a newfound health dad. Various religions espouse regular fasting to aid the body eliminate toxins naturally.
- Talk to your doctor first. Before making any diet modifications, consult with your doctor first. If you are taking any medication or have an existing medical condition such as diabetes or if you are breastfeeding or pregnant, you need to make sure that your body can handle the stress of a detoxification program. A doctor or natural health practitioner should also be able to give you guidelines on a detoxification program you can do.
- Choose which three day cleansing program you would like to do. There are many programs to choose from. Almost all are fruit juice based. The goal of all cleansing programs is to eliminate toxins in the body. Oftentimes, it jumpstarts the metabolism, encouraging weight loss.
- Go fresh whenever possible. Use organic fresh fruits and vegetables whenever possible. The less chemicals your body has to process, the quicker you’ll see results. Purchase all the items you’ll need for your diet before you start. If you start taking a lot of prune juice, you may not find it all that convenient to head out to the market or grocery store.
- Avoid certain foods. During a 72 hour cleansing process, you must avoid sugar, caffeine, processed foods, meat and dairy products. Have only fresh fruits and vegetables. Some programs allow for whole grains.
- Choose a weekend that you can be undisturbed. You need three consecutive days to do a three day cleanse, so long weekends are a good time to do it, or when you are on vacation leave. Don’t fill the weekend with activities and avoid making appointments with friends. Depending on the toxicity level of your body, you may need regular access to a bathroom, as well as drink your fruit juices at regular intervals.
- Be prepared for some discomfort. You may experience loose bowels, headaches or tummy aches when you start your three day cleanse. Don’t worry, the program isn’t causing you to get sick. These symptoms are your body’s way of dealing with the toxins being released from your body, so do not take medication for it. Some people even have a slight fever or develop a cold. Don’t counteract the detoxification process by taking in chemicals or stopping the cleansing process. The more toxic your body, the more discomfort you may feel, but it will pass.
- Make sure you drink a lot of water. Whatever system you decide to follow, keep yourself hydrated. You may need to increase your water intake. Water will help your body with the elimination process.
After completing the program, you may find that you want to maintain
doing it on a regular basis. Others feel it’s an excellent way to
jumpstart a diet. It’s a simple way to bring dramatic results to your
body so plan it carefully. Try a three day cleanse, and feel the
difference in your body.