A seasonal detox is a great way to perk up your routine to prepare for the next phase of the year. Cleaning toxins out of your system will speed up your metabolism and help your body function better. Our bodies build up pounds of waste and toxins, so it should come as little surprise that so many people feel great improvement after a cleansing program. Popular programs like Master Cleanse have helped many people and might be a great consideration for you as it helps with a natural body detox.
You can follow these simple steps to do a simple, natural detox cleanse at home. When you are finished with the program, your body will have gone through a total cleanse and you should feel fantastic.
- Plan for seven days of cleansing. When learning how to do a detox cleanse, don’t try to instantly start cleansing. You will need to plan ahead so you can purchase the natural foods you will need. You may also need to adjust your eating schedule to better regulate your body. Create a plan and write it down. A full body detox can be done in a week if you plan properly.
- Eat regular, small meals. The benefit of eating five or six small meals each day instead of the conventional three squares a day is that the smaller meals will help regulate insulin and hormone levels in the body. Eating more regularly will also keep you from feeling hungry. Remember a detox is not a diet and is not about losing weight. Instead detox is about cleansing your body of toxins.
- Drink water. As you work through cleansing, your body will need water to help flush the toxins through your system. Water helps you with a natural cleanse.
- Sweat a little each day. Don’t attempt strenuous exercise while cleansing but do try to get some mild form of exercise. Take a walk for fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Increase your fiber intake. Fiber works with water to help remove toxins from your digestive tract. You need this for your total body detox.
- Adjust diet to include green tea, fruits and raw vegetables. Green tea helps stimulate your immune system while the fruits and vegetables will help restore the vitamins to your body. Raw fruits and veggies also contain fiber that you need to cleanse your body and system.
- Avoid dietary toxins including caffeine, salt, processed foods, sugar. Don’t put toxins in while you are trying to remove them.
- Do your own cooking. Making meals at home puts you in control of what you put into your body. For the week of the detox do not eat out. Restaurants use spices, oils and other possible toxins and eating out lets you consume these without your knowledge.
- Be prepared to feel worse before you feel better. Whenever you detoxify your body, you are releasing the toxins from where your body has stored them. The toxins when released will swim around in your system for a few days before they are flushed out. Be prepared for headaches and nausea for the first three to four days of cleansing. Suffer through it and you will feel better by the end of the week. Realize that this feeling is naturally associated with your total body cleanse.
Our bodies absorb toxins from the air we breathe, the medications we ingest and the foods we eat. Each day you tax your liver and digestive tract because they have to filter the toxins. Those toxins can build up in your liver and cells. Consider spending a single week to detox cleanse your body and you will be able to clean up your act.