Have you ever experienced any back ache in your life? If you work all day while sitting at your chair, one of the first things that you need is a good back. With a better back, you can be more productive at work simply because you are more comfortable with your body.
Easy Steps to Healthy Back
A healthy back can be easy to work out and maintain. You do not even have to do tedious exercises anymore, especially now that there is the healthy bag, a healthy chair, a healthy seat, and back bags to provide you with a better back. However, having a healthy bag or any back bags will not give you long-term benefits. Even changing to a healthy chair or healthy seat will only provide you with short-term comfort. This is why, instead of spending time in a store, you should spend your time in an institute that will help you have a healthy back. And if you cannot enroll in an exercise institute, you can simply do some exercises for a better back at home.
Here are some of the well-known and effective exercises to have a healthy back:
- Your knees and hands should be perpendicular to the floor.
- Deeply but slowly inhale while your back is straight and relaxed.
- Release the inhaled breath while arching your back upwards, like in a cat position. Do not hold your breath while in this position.
- Deeply but slowly inhale while you straighten your back.
- Exhale and then stretch your back while imitating the arc of a smiling face.
- Slowly and deeply inhale while you return again to your starting position.
- Repeat these steps at least 3 times and you get the cat-camel exercise for a healthy back.
- Starting position should be with your knees and hands in a position perpendicular to the floor, just like in the cat-camel exercise.
- Breathe in while you squeeze the abdominal muscles.
- Exhale slowly while raising your left arm just in front of you until your arm becomes parallel with the floor. Hold your arm in place and count for four seconds before exhaling.
- Breathe in and return the arm to the starting position.
- Repeat the same procedures for your right arm.
- Repeat the entire steps about 10 times, five times for each of your arms.
- Lie on your back on the floor while your hands are under your lumbar area so as to preserve a neutral position for your spine.
- Flex your left knee and raise it off the floor while your other foot is still parallel to your floor.
- Do the same for your right knee and repeat these steps for about four times.
- Make sure that your lower back is flat on the floor while you raise your shoulders and head up from the floor. Now if you feel some neck pain, better try to curl up without having to bend your neck. If not, you can just raise your elbows off the floor or squeeze your abdomen’s muscles just before you raise your torso.
- You can repeat these steps for about five times or as much as you can.
Just remember not to force yourself because overdoing these exercises might aggravate your back problem. If possible, you should ask for the assistance of a professional to do any exercise for a healthy back.