Self-hypnosis is one of the things that you can do in order to relax your mind and body. This will help you with your subconscious mind. This is also a good thing to do for stress relief. If you are always stressed out with your work and you need a break, self-hypnosis is one thing to do in order for you to feel rejuvenated. Follow the steps provided below to know how to practice self-hypnosis:
- Materials you need. You will need some items to set the mood and help you feel calm and relaxed. The things you need are aromatherapy candles, relaxation CDs and a comfortable chair.
- Preparation. Look for a good location where there are no distractions and there is minimal light. Position your chair in that area. Prepare your music and light some candles. Sit on the chair and find a position where you feel most comfortable. You can cross your legs or just sit straight. It is up to you.
- Relaxation. Relax your body and mind once you have found a comfortable position. You can choose to leave your eyes open or close them. Inhale and exhale while concentrating on your breathing. This will keep you in a relaxed state and empty your mind with unnecessary thoughts.
- Be aware of your heartbeat. You will be able to feel your heartbeat when you are fully relaxed. Feel the beat of your heart while inhaling and exhaling slowly. You are now one with yourself and fully aware of your body. Feel your energy flow throughout your body from your head down to your toes.
- Repeat your mantra. Repeat a positive mantra to yourself when you are feeling relaxed. It can be anything you want as long as it has a positive tone. If you have any personal goals, think of some of the qualities that you need to have in order to accomplish that goal. Convince yourself that you have these qualities and repeat this to yourself over and over. You will teach your subconscious mind to be positive.
- Feel the music. Before ending your session, concentrate on the relaxing music that is playing and be one with it. You can open your eyes after a while. This ends your self-hypnosis session.
These are the steps that you can follow if you want to practice self-hypnosis. The steps are really simple but it might be difficult for you to concentrate and relax yourself the first few times. Like anything, self-hypnosis takes practice to master. Do this a few times a week to calm your nerves. After each self-hypnosis session, you will find your body and mind relaxed and you will also get a positive attitude that will help you deal with the stresses of life. You will also find that it is a little easier to relax each time. To help you the first few times you do this, you might want to purchase a self-hypnosis CD where someone can direct you what to do while you are doing the activity.