A lemon juice cleanse is similar to the orange juice cleansing diet. Both are called the master cleansing diet and both regimens only consist of freshly squeezed citrus fruit. This diet is very simple but can be dangerous if not done correctly and if practiced for too long without assistance from a doctor. Read on to learn more about how to do the lemon juice cleanse.
- To successfully clean your body with unwanted toxins, it is very important that you understand how your body works. Toxins are really the main culprit of cancer, stress and almost every kind of illnesses. You can easily get this by too much intake of caffeine, alcohol, smokes (nicotine), chemicals (chemically induced products such as additives and the like), inhaling pollution, pesticides, unhealthy diet, not enough sleep and not enough exercise. These are the things that create toxins in our bodies hence, making your immune system weak and go haywire. If you remove these toxins from your body, you will be healthier. It can also relieve pain muscles, migraines or headaches, a lot of illnesses, allergies and the like.
- As soon as you have truly understood this, you can now begin your lemon juice cleansing. This type of body cleansing is really easy. All you need to do is drink six to twelve glasses a day of fresh lemon juice. Just mix the following ingredients: half a cup of fresh lemon juice (it is crucial that you get this from real, freshly squeezed lemon!), two tablespoon of maple syrup, cayenne pepper (follow your taste) and eight ounce of clean, sterilized water. Put it all together and mix it well.
- Do this consistently for up to two weeks. You will be surprised how quickly you feel the significant change in your body. You will usually experience the change after three to four days. During this process, do not eat anything. If you feel hungry, drink a glass of this lemon juice. It is of the utmost importance that you drink a lot of clean water (avoid cold water). This way, you can flush off all the toxins very easily. Expect to use the bathroom quite often so make sure you always have a quick access to the john. It may be a bit difficult at first. Learn to discipline yourself and do not give in to any cravings! This will definitely give you a lighter feeling.
- Right after your cleansing period, do not overdo your body by eating large chunks of meat and carbohydrates. This may shock your body system and you may feel sick when doing this. Make sure you only intake food that is very easy to digest. For the first two days, eating vegetables and fruits only are the best and only way to do this. On the third day until the end of the week, you can move on to eggs and fish. Do not eat dairy products, processed or chemically induced sugar and food, red meat and the like. Do this for one week before gradually returning to your regular diet.
- Even if you are not cleansing, make sure you habitually drink at least eight glasses of water every single day!
This diet is really simple and inexpensive. Always remember to only use fresh lemons. Never buy ready-made lemon juice from the groceries. These products have additives and any chemically induced product is a big no-no! Good luck!