Maybe you’ll love a muffin, but not the muffin top. This can be the perfect description to the excess belly fat that seems not to fit in your low-rise jeans. It may appear cute at first. But as soon as you see other women and maybe men who can perfectly fit in their low-rise jeans, you’ll surely feel insecure and want to get rid of that muffin top as soon as possible.
The bad news is, there is no fast way to get rid of that muffin top but to avoid wearing clothes that will make them appear. The good news is, you can get rid of muffin top with patience and perseverance.
Even though you’re okay with hiding your muffin top, it’s still better that you get rid of the excess belly fat. If not, you’ll be at higher risk of getting heart disease, hypertension, type II diabetes, liver disease, gout, infertility, high cholesterol, stroke, colon cancer, breast cancer, pregnancy complications, osteoarthritis, respiratory problems, sleep apnea, and gall bladder disease.
Here are some ways you can do to get rid of that ugly muffin top:
- Aerobic exercise. Along with strength training, doing aerobic exercises can lose fat all over your body. Walking, kick boxing, aerobics, dancing, swimming, running, and jogging are some of the great exercises for trimming your belly fat. It’s okay to do exercises focusing on your belly. But these exercises will not be so effective for removing muffin top. In fact, these might make it worse. These exercises won’t burn off your fat unlike how the aerobics exercises do.
- Strength training. This will make your muscles firmer, making the muffin top not so noticeable. Doing strength training will also build more muscle mass, which will be helpful for burning more calories. The more muscles you have, the faster your body can burn fats.
- Cut calorie intake. The excess calories you take turn to fat. Even if you use your calories, you can’t still get rid of your excess fat because you’ll only be burning the calories you’ve taken. Cutting down your calorie intake will help burn fats and remove that ugly muffin top.
- Less fat. As much as possible, avoid eating high-fat foods and choose their low-fat variety. For instance, instead of drinking the usual milk, drink the low-fat variety.
- No more alcohol. Calories from alcoholic beverages tend to settle in your belly. This is the reason why people who are fond of drinking alcohol have bigger tummies.
- Reduce eating junk food. These foods are called junk food for a reason. They are high in salt, high in fat, and high in refined sugar. All these will add a lot of fat to your body—that means a more visible and uglier muffin top.
More than getting a nicer shape, getting rid of your muffin top will mean promoting a healthier body. With patience and perseverance, you can finally fit that low-rise jeans well and you will feel better with your body.