Dark and spidery veins may bulge and irritate you. If you are distressed by the look these on your legs, there is something you can do about it. Although varicose vein surgery may be an option for some, let's talk about more natural remedies first. While learning about these remedies, also pay attention to the cause, so it can be prevented in the future. For example, extra weight on your legs can be a cause of varicose veins and losing weight may prevent that.
- Lose weight. Spidery varicose veins are often more prominent on heavier people because the additional weight creates pressure on the veins as well as the bones and joints. Relieve some of that pressure with a healthy diet to reduce your weight.
- Exercise regularly. Regular exercise such as walking, running or dance will help increase your circulation and blood flow through your veins. When exercising try to avoid tight clothing that may restrict blood flow and cause your varicose veins to swell and appear more pronounced.
- Avoid standing for extensive periods of time. Standing still for long periods may increase the pressure that causes varicose veins. Pain may also be associated with them, when standing for a long time.
- Elevate your feet when sitting or lying down for long periods. Keeping your feet elevated helps improve your circulation.
- Consider homeopathic remedies. Before heading to a doctor you may want to investigate some available homeopathic options. There are some natural practitioners who recommend vitamins C and E for shrinking these veins or herbs such as bilberry, cherries and grape-seed extract to strengthen the connective tissues and vein walls.
- Consult your doctor. There are several varicose vein treatment options including a needle injection therapy and laser surgery that may work for your variety of the condition. Your doctor can assess your situation then determine the best course of option for treatment.
Now you know the varicose vein treatment options. They can be signs of blood clots or vein conditions. If you notice them becoming more pronounced or painful, be sure to contact your doctor about additional diagnosis or treatment options. By following these instructions you should be able to get rid of the varicose veins and be ready to wear shorts next summer.