If you are a smoker and worry about keeping your teeth clean, healthy and white, there are ways to do so. It goes beyond the usual white strips; it's all about the things you can do everyday. Whether you are a heavy smoker or a one or two cigarettes a day type of person, this article tells you how to keep your teeth white if you are a smoker.
- Use hydrogen peroxide. The first tip for keeping your teeth white while smoking is to gargle with hydrogen peroxide. You know that stuff that comes in a brown bottle and does not cost that much money. Peroxide is one of the most well used main ingredients for most dental products. You simply mix 1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide with some warm water. Gargle and work around your teeth for about three to five minutes.
- Brush with fresh lemon juice. The second tip for keeping your teeth white while smoking is to brush with fresh lemon juice. Buy some fresh lemon and squeeze on your toothbrush and brush your teeth for about three minutes. Once done, brush for five minutes with your regular toothpaste.
- Buy whitening mouthwash. The third tip for keeping your teeth white while smoking is to use whitening mouthwash. This mouthwash is suppose to freshen your breath while brightening your smile. These types of mouthwash cost more than your average ones, but for some smokers are well worth the price. Use this type of mouthwash five times a day.
- Use baking soda. The fourth tip for keeping your teeth white is to use baking soda. Smokers need to brush a good five minutes with baking soda every other day before brushing with their regular toothbrush. You can brush with lemon juice on the off days, plus gargle with hydrogen peroxide everyday.
- Go five times a year for dental cleaning. The fifth tip for smokers to help keep their teeth white is to go to the dentist five times a year for a dental cleaning. You will need good dental insurance, if not a good paying job, but it is well worth it. The dentist will help any unsightly plaque from building up and can make sure your gums are still healthy.
- Use a handheld toothbrush. The sixth tip for smokers to help keep their teeth white is to use a handheld toothbrush. An electric toothbrush is not only more expensive but not as effective as a handheld toothbrush. Smokers need to make sure that they brush the back of their teeth and the top and bottom really well and a handheld toothbrush does the job better.
- Floss your teeth. The seventh tip for smokers is to use floss over your teeth. Make sure you buy a wax floss.