Metabolism is the process by which your body burns calories. Metabolism improvement will help you lose excess body weight easily. Below are steps and guides on how to kickstart your metabolism.
- Eat right. It’s not true that you’ll lose body weight if you skip meals because you’ll lose significant calories if you do. Your metabolism will be lessened by 10 to 15 percent if you practice starvation mode. Eat 3 or more meals each day. Aim to have at least 1,000 calories everyday. A healthy breakfast is the best way to kickstart metabolism. You’ll have a slow metabolism if you skip breakfast. Your breakfast must have protein, carbohydrates and healthy fat.
- Sufficient Vitamin B. It will help your body use carbohydrates. You’ll easily experience fatigue if you lack vitamin B.
- About sugar and spices. Avoid sugar as possible because it transforms into fat. Aim for a low glycemic index diet. Spicy dishes like Thai and Mexican boost metabolism. Peppers, garlic, and onion increase metabolic rate and they serve as antibiotics.
- Green tea. Some unhealthy foods boost metabolism like coffee and tea. However, don’t overdo caffeine because you’ll experience sleep deprivation and heart problems. Try green tea instead because it stimulates much effectively.
- Drink more than enough water. Your metabolism will go down if you dehydrate. Drink more than 8 glasses of water every day. Sodas and sweetened beverages trigger dehydration so avoid them.
- Shorter but much intense cardio workouts. Cardio exercises help burn calories but interval training will boost your calorie burn better after exercise.
- Walking. Walk frequently especially if you’re working in an office. Being physically idle will slower your metabolism. Walk a little every hour. Walking will energize you and you’ll feel less hungry. Set your timer for reminder. Brisk walking in your backyard every morning is helpful. 30 minutes to an hour of swimming, jogging, cycling, and aerobic exercises will also help. Exercise at least 3 times a week.
- Essential fatty acids. They maintain body weight and they boost fat oxidation rate. You’ll lose fat easily if you’ll take 3 to 6 grams of fish oil everyday.
- Have a healthy meal after workout. Aim to eat sufficient carbohydrates after workout. Carbohydrates are vital to replace muscle glycogen. Muscles easily absorb glucose and carbohydrates after a physical activity so ensure to take carbs after you workout. Focus on your calorie needs everyday.
- Lessen rest periods after workout. It will increase testosterone response which retains lean muscle mass. Your metabolic rate will also increase.
- Increase lean body mass. Metabolism can slow down by 2 percent every year as you grow older. Practice strength training by resistance bands or dumbbells twice per week. If you have lean muscles, your metabolism will stay in high rate after you workout.
- Don’t stress. You’ll gain weight around your tummy and other body parts if you stress. Learn yoga, tai chi, shibashi, and related meditation and exercises to help you calm down.
- Enough sleep. Sleep for 8 hours or more everyday to avoid unnecessary weight gain. Sleep in the day if you have incomplete sleep. 15 minutes rest in daytime also helps.
These tips certainly help. All you need is discipline and practice.
You’ll be healthier and fitter if you’re dedicated. Read health books
and magazines. Consult your physician for further advice.