If you’re trying to lose weight fast, there are some things you can do. Ideally, you should do it the old fashioned way through diet and exercise. However, if time is of the essence and you need to look thinner in a week, you need to take some drastic measures.
Try any of these quick fixes. This is meant for emergency use only, such as if you suddenly find out you need to squeeze into your bikini in the next few days or you have an instant special occasion wherein you need to look your best. If you have any pre-existing medical condition, consult with your doctor before modifying your diet and lifestyle for some immediate weight loss.
- Drink lots of water. Stop drinking soda, cola, wine and anything else. Even if it says sugar and calorie free, you need to increase your water intake to help flush out your body. When you are hungry, drink water. It will help you feel a little fuller.
- Work on your core muscles. The midsection is where fat tends to deposit, so start some Pilates and other core exercises. These are simple yet intense moves designed to reshape your body fast. You’ll feel the pain in your sore muscles, but if you do it regularly for the entire week, you may notice a slight change in your body.
- Start jogging. Boost your metabolism and start burning fat fast. You need to get cardio exercises to start looking thinner. Your body needs at least thirty minutes of exercise before your body starts to burn fat so go ahead and get sweating.
- Stop eating carbs. Skip pasta, bread, rice, potatoes and other carbs for the week you’re trying to look thinner. When you eat carbs, seems like it goes straight to your tummy, hips and butt. Keep your lean protein intake but cut back on the rice, spaghetti and bread.
- Eat lots of fiber from fruits and vegetables. Instead of eating carbohydrates rich food, go for high water content food such as fresh fruits and steamed or fresh vegetables. Eating fresh will not only make you appear thinner after a week, it will also improve the tone and texture of your skin. Also, your bowel movement will become more regular with the increased fiber intake, another plus if you’re trying to lose weight fast.
- Drink green tea. Green tea is loaded with anti-oxidants and it also helps boost your metabolism. If you need something other than water for some flavor or a pick me up in the morning, switch to green tea instead. It will also help rid your body of toxins.
- Drink a thermogenic supplement. There are many supplements in the market that claim to help you lose weight and look thinner. Look for products that contain L-carnitine and chromium. You will notice that your body feels hotter and you may sweat more. Some products will even help suppress your appetite. However, if you have high blood pressure, diabetes or if you suffer from migraines, you may need to forgo this.
- Wear black. Of all the colors, black is the most slimming, so don that little black dress if you want to appear thinner. Wear items in one tone to appear taller too. You may also want to wear heels, since it gives the illusion of longer leaner legs.
- Use reshaping undergarments. If all else fails, turn to Spanx and other body shapewear.
Keep in mind that you can only this on a short-term basis. If you want to keep the weight off and lose weight in a healthier way, it does take some time. Ideally, you should lose no more than two to three pounds a week, unless you are under a doctor supervised diet or you are undergoing some other type of program.