Fasting is one word that comes to mind when we think of weight loss. This may be the easiest way for you to lose weight, but it is not the safest for all. Most people think that by going without food they would dramatically decrease their weight. This may hold true for some people. For others, fasting would just make them crave more food and in the end gain more weight. There are different reasons why a person would resort to fasting. The most common is for weight loss. Another reason is to cleanse the body and get rid of toxins. The third is for religious reasons. There are some things that must be considered in fasting.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when you are thinking of fasting:
- Drink lots of water. If you are planning to fast, be sure to keep hydrated by drinking at least ten 8 oz. glasses of water a day. Make sure that the water you are going to drink is purified. This ensures that no other toxins or harmful substances are entering your body.
- Try to fast for a short period of time first. If it is the first time that you are going to fast, it is advisable to fast for only a couple of days at a time. This is so that you can see if your body and your mind can still function properly even without food. You can increase the number of fasting days once your body has adjusted.
- Try to fast on alternate days. This can be more effective than fasting for days at a time. Losing weight can be faster if you alternate your fasting days and your eating days.
- Learn about the different forms of fasting. Before you even start fasting, it is best to know the different choices you have. There are different types of fasting that eliminate only certain food groups. This is ideal for people who are fasting for the first time so that the body will slowly get accustomed to the decrease in food intake.
- Don't eat a full meal after fasting. On the day of your first meal after fasting, it is not advisable to eat a full meal. You should first eat small meals and increase the food intake slowly so that your body will not have any negative reactions.
Fasting is a good way for people to lose weight fast. You must remember to take care of your body while fasting. If you are starting to feel some side effects, such as dizziness or nausea, you should stop fasting and consult your doctor. This might be a sign that your body is not capable of doing activities without food and nutrition. In this case, it is best to just decrease your food intake in order for you to lose weight. You can also choose to do other options that will help you lose weight, such as exercising or consulting a nutritionist regarding your daily food calorie intake.