As you gain weight, there will be fatty build-ups in your face like double chins and chubby cheeks. If you are feeling uncomfortable because of this, then read below to learn tips and guides on how to lose weight in your face.
- Proper diet. Lessen your sugar and carbohydrate intake. These foods will cause inflammation and swelling in your blood vessels that will result to a puffier face. If you want to lose weight in your face, then eat more fresh fruits and whole grains instead of candy and foods that are based on enriched flour.
- Lower sodium content. Excess salt consumption creates water retention which will make your face puffier. Limit your intakes of chips, and canned soups that are high in sodium.
- Avoid over-the-counter medicines. There are some medicines that lead to water retention. It is better to use organic or natural treatments in common illnesses and body aches like muscle strain and sore throat. But use those over-the-counter remedies if your physician has prescribed them.
- Drink lots of water. Drink 8 glasses or more water everyday because it will eliminate water retention in your body. Besides, drinking plenty of water will also get rid of unwanted toxins in your body which will make you healthier.
- Facial exercises. The goal here is to firm and tighten your skin and not to lessen the fat areas in your face. There are many facial exercises that you can do to firm your skin, and here are few ideas that you can do to firm particular parts of your face.
- For your double chin. Use the back of your hand to tap or slap the bottom of your chin. Do this firmly but fast, and do this often whenever you feel it.
- For your cheeks. Relax and smile, and keep your lips closed. Then, suck your cheeks in and hold them and count for 8 seconds. Repeat this procedure at least 10 times. You can do this while driving or walking. Another effective exercise to firm your cheeks is smiling widely as you can. Imagine that you are touching your ears with the edge of your mouth.
- Ultrasound. Many people are using it for cosmetic reasons. A specialized ultrasound machine will send energy under your skin, which will liquefy the fat cells in your body without harming your nerve cells and body tissues. The liquefied body fat will be naturally expelled outside your body. Don't forget to consult an expert before engaging yourself in an ultrasound.
- Liposuction. Small incisions will be made into your skin through liposuction so tiny vacuum hoses can be inserted for fat suctioning. Liposuction works well on jowls and double chins. It can also be use to deflate puffy cheeks. You can combine liposuction with ultrasound.
- Cosmetic surgery. Celebrities do it because they can afford it and the results are amazing. If you have the money and you really want to do it, then have consultations because the surgery can be a disaster if a non-professional does it.
Remember that natural ways of getting healthier and fitter is still preferred by many people, and it is still the best way to make yourself more beautiful. Combine proper knowledge with discipline and you will become healthier and fitter and you will lose weight in your face in no time.