The “Fat Flush Diet” is an eating plan started by Ann Louise Gittleman. It focuses on a philosophy of cleansing the liver of toxins not only to maintain good health, but also to facilitate efficient weight loss. It is named “fat flush” because the goal here is to increase metabolism, flush excess fats out from your body, and lose weight. This is achieved by following a combined method of detoxification and diet. Read on to know more how you can lose weight by following the Fat Flush Diet.
- Restrict calorie intake to 1,100 to 1,200 a day for two weeks. This covers Phase 1 of the fat flush diet plan—a serious commitment to an intensive diet plan. Within this span of time, you are restricted to eat anything with any kind of oil (except flaxseed oil), fat, sugar, starch, and alcohol content. These include dairy products, bread, margarine, grains, cereal, starchy vegetables, herbs and spices. The goal in this phase is to mold your body shape and lose water weight. Doing this first step jumpstarts and accelerates fat reduction from parts of your body that usually stores a lot of them, like your buttocks, hips, and thighs.
- Drink the Long Life Cocktail. Detoxify and hydrate. Mix 4 oz. cranberry juice, 1 tsp. flaxseed oil, and 28 oz. of distilled or spring water. Drink this concoction every now and then like you would have a regular drink of water. You need to consume about 32 ounces everyday. Drink it when you wake up in the morning, before you go to sleep, before and after meals, work, and other physical activities. This serves as your replacement for drinks with alcohol, sugar, and caffeine throughout your diet plan.
- Adjust your daily calorie intake to 1,200 to 1,500 until you reach your weight loss goal. This covers Phase 2 of the diet plan. You can now gradually go back to eating some kinds of food you were restricted from eating before—grain toast and some starchy vegetables like squash, sweet potatoes, carrots, and peas. Follow with this religiously until you hit your goal weight or size. The goal here is to continue with flushing fats out of your body, while enjoying a bit more variety of healthy food.
- Follow diet allowances that work for you and embark on a lifelong weight maintenance phase. This covers Phase 3 of the diet plan and serves as your maintenance regimen. Your daily calorie intake would now be 1500, and you can go back to eating other starchy carbohydrates, low-fat dairy products, and gluten-free grains. Not only would you have maintained your goal weight, you would also experience increased vitality, energy, and strength.
- Take vitamin and herbal supplements. The diet plan also recommends taking herbal and vitamin supplements like GLA-90, Dieter's Multivitamin and Mineral, evening primrose oil, L-carnitine, chromium, zinc, and even a weight loss formula.
- Exercise, exercise. Lose fat and burn other excess calories by exercising. You can allot thirty to forty minutes worth of exercise everyday. Add stretching exercises to your walking and jogging routine. And at least twice a week, commit to weight lifting or strength training.
- Have 8 hours of sleep everyday. Just like any other fitness regimen, a well rested and rejuvenated body is essential to making this diet plan work.
- Concentrate and commit to the fat flush diet plan. No matter how excellent a weight loss regimen is, it would be of no use unless you stick with it and follow the plan until you reach your goal to lose weight. Concentrate and take this commitment seriously so you wouldn’t be tempted to roll back on binge eating and consuming junk food that would put the fats you once lost back on again.
The Fat Flush Diet may seem intimidating at first, but once you commit to it and are serious in your goal to lose weight, you would get positive results in no time.