The colon, or large intestine, is the last stop for all foods before they are removed from our body through excretion. In it, the body tries to absorb the remaining nutrients to ensure our health through maximum absorption. Normally, the colon is cleaned by the food we eat through the rough fibers that literally scrub our large intestine clean. However, with the lack of roughage in the normal human’s diet, our colons are not as clean as they used to be. Colon detoxification is a good way to clean your bowels. Taken at least once a week, you can ensure that your colon will work properly even if you’re too busy to have the recommended amount of fiber in your body. The best part about this is that it is cheap and delicious. This guide will help you in making various colon detox programs.
1. Lemon tea detox. Regarded as the most popular homemade colon detox, lemon tea detox is a simple one that can be done at least weekly to rest your organs and clean out your system. It is recommended that you do this on your day off as it requires abstaining from food, something that’s not healthy when working long hours. Here are the things that you’ll need:
- 1 tbsp. of lemon juice
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- 1 tsp. of maple syrup.
This is a good recipe for colon cleansing for the whole day. At night, take a cup of laxative tea and in the morning, drink a liter of room temperature salt-water combination and you’ll find yourself in the bathroom removing all the dirt in your body!
2. Bentonite cleanse. Bentonite cleanse is one of the more popular detox cleansers around. Bentonite is a weathered volcanic ash with purported cleansing abilities. It is said to remove the mucoid plaque, a substance that has been debated by both cleansing gurus and the medical society. Here is how you make a bentonite cleanse.
- 1 tbsp of food grade Bentonite Clay
- 1 glass of water
It is recommended that you abstain from white flour foods and greasy products while you’re getting a Bentonite cleanse. Simply eat fresh fruits and vegetables for a few days while taking five to six glasses of bentonite cleanse everyday.
3. Psyllium and ginger shake. This is an enhancement of the popular bentonite cleanse adding in the power of psyllium and ginger with the bentonite’s cleansing abilities. Here are the ingredients:
- 1 tsp. Bentonite Clay
- 1 tsp. Psyllium husk powder
- ½ tsp. Ginger Powder
- 250ml apple juice
Combine all ingredients in a jug and mix till there are no more lumps. Take this cleanse two hours before or after a meal with a limit of five glasses a day and stick to a fruit diet for best results.
Every day, we eat food that has too much oil, or fat or even trans-fat and artificial preservatives and the leftover pesticides from the food. Dirty colons are dangerous as bits of dirt can irritate the normal intestinal flora and fauna making them dysfunctional leading to diarrhea and even cancer. Not to mention the fact that since our stomach cannot break down preservatives and pesticides, our body will degrade faster than normal. So try to have a colon detox weekly!