Losing weight really is all about determination, persistence, and strategic planning. You should alter your lifestyle so that you will get more exercise, and so that your body will take in less calories. One of the strategies that will help you cut back on unnecessary calories is to take meal replacement shakes. These shakes, made of healthful ingredients, can give you enough fiber to make you full, and enough protein to give you energy. These shakes can easily take the place of lunch or dinner, and here are some of the basic steps for making your own meal replacement shakes:
- Choose to make your shake using natural ingredients. You could of course use brands such as Herbalife and Slimfast, which would make it easier for you to prepare your shake. The problem with this, however, is that you might end up spending quite a lot on these brands in the long run. Making your own shake out of natural ingredients is still the best option.
- Know Recipe # 1. There are many different recipes that you could try out, but one will call for the following ingredients: 8 ounces (1 cup) soy milk, 2 tablespoons brown sugar (you could use honey as a healthier alternative), 1 tablespoon flaxseed (ground), and 1 tablespoon of a liquid multivitamin. Simply combine all these ingredients and put them in a blender until they are smooth. Some optional ingredients you could add to this shake include ½ cup of frozen strawberries, or ½ cup frozen banana slices.
- Know Recipe # 2. Another recipe requires the following: 8 ounces rice milk, 2 teaspoons natural peanut butter, 1 teaspoon unflavored oatmeal, some strawberries, some blueberries, 1 scoop whey powder (vanilla), and 4 ice cubes. Combine them in the blender, blend until smooth, and serve chilled. This is a great shake to drink up after a workout.
- Know Recipe # 3. This next recipe is rich in protein and is great if you have a particularly busy schedule ahead. You will need the following: about 3 ounces milk, a tablespoon of yogurt, whey, ½ banana, 1 teaspoon natural peanut butter, ¼ scoop protein powder, a teaspoon of honey, any fruit of your choice, and some ice cubes. Put them together in the blender. You may also want to try adding in a large raw egg into this shake, but do not attempt this if you have a particularly sensitive stomach.
- Know Recipe # 4. If you are particularly fond of fruits, try out this recipe: 8 ounces milk, a medium-sized banana, 1 cup of fresh strawberries, 1 cup crushed pineapple (unsweetened), 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter, 1 tablespoon protein powder, and some ice cubes. Mix them altogether in the blender.
There you have it! These are just some of the most basic and simplest
recipes for making your own meal replacement shakes. Do know that you
should consult with your doctor first before you start this kind of
diet. Also, for this diet to be truly effective in helping you lose
weight, you have to compound it with sufficient exercise. Good luck, and
hope this helped!