People who take care of themselves through proper diet and exercise should be applauded. For one, it’s not easy and it takes a lot of commitment and sacrifice. Going to the gym at least 3 times a week and creating a proper cardio and strength training work-out routine is really necessary. For strength training, the Nautilus machines are the best equipment in the market that will help you tone and strengthen your muscles faster than any other brand. Here are tips on how you can maximize your Nautilus workout the right way.
- Find a gym. Look for a gym that you feel comfortable in, that is easily accessible to you, and has the proper facilities and Nautilus gym equipment available. Ask to be taken on a quick tour and don’t hesitate to ask questions.
- Make a schedule and stick to it. You’ve found your gym, now you need a schedule that you can stick to. Your Nautilus workout needs to be 3-4 times a week to achieve your desired goal.
- Create a program. With help from your trainer, write down what specific muscles to target on what day. List down how many sets and repetitions and the weights that go with each exercise.
- Start with a beginner program. Here you will learn the correct use of the Nautilus machine that will get you to your desired weight and form faster. A trainer at the gym will teach you the ropes. You also have an option to hire a personal trainer. Usually, with this program, it’ll take you around 30 minutes or so to do the whole round of arms, legs, oblique, abs, etc. You will also start with a basic 10 count. Then, end with a cardio workout.
- Don’t forget with strength training is also cardio workouts. Cardio workouts increase your heart rate, thus keeping your heart healthy. It makes the heart and lungs stronger, helps you lose weight, and burn calories. You’ll also notice that it’ll give you a good night’s sleep. Examples of cardio workouts are jogging, swimming and aerobic exercise.
- Remember to stretch. Keep in mind that stretching and after exercising is very important. Most people have a tendency of “forgetting”. The possibility of injuries lessens with ample stretching. You should do this for at least 5 minutes. As you feel your muscles relaxing, try to stretch longer, keeping your hold for 20 more seconds. This should be the catch, with stretching; you lessen your chances of sore muscles! You should also warm up for a couple of minutes before each session. Jogging is a good warm up exercise. It warms up the muscles.
- Eat right. Proper nutrition is important. You’ll get to your target form faster as you are already exercising. Watch those calories, stick to your Nautilus workout and you’ll see those results.
- Buddy up. Overcoming boredom? Look for a workout buddy. There may come a time when you might start making excuses for not going to the gym. With a buddy, you’ll encourage each other to keep going.
So with these tips in mind, you will be able to maximize your Nautilus workout and reap the benefits.