In a day’s work, some people can only allot at most 45 minutes for their workout. Of course it would be much better if you could put in more, but how can you make the most out of that little time you’ve squeezed into your busy schedule? Here are some tips on how you can make the most of your workouts.
- Devise your workout plan beforehand. You can save more of your precious time and be more productive if you know what you want to work on. Before hitting the gym and starting your workout, you should know which exercises you will perform, including their order, so you can avoid wasting seconds or minutes just to think of what exercise to do next.
- Add variety in your workout routine. If you just stick to one workout routine, you have a tendency to get bored, and eventually you stop working out. Make it more interesting by mixing up different activities everyday. Instead of just doing Aerobics, try taking Yoga, Pilates, or even engaging in sports such as swimming or boxing. Not only are you able to cure the monotony of your workout, but you are adding more skills to your list, such as increased balance, agility and flexibility.
- Enhance your workouts by maintaining a healthy diet. Losing unwanted body fat and getting that physique you always wanted is not achieved by just working out. Have a healthy, balanced diet in small portions distributed to five meals a day. This will provide you with the energy you need to perform tasks and improve your body’s metabolism.
- Think of all the long-term benefits of working out. Whenever you feel the urge to give up, you can boost yourself up by thinking of the long-term benefits of working out. These include include, but are not limited to the following: (1) improves your overall mood, reduces stress, depression and anxiety; (2) enhances your energy and endurance that help you with your daily activities; (3) slows down aging and reduces the risk of diseases; and (4) boosts your self-confidence.
- Know when to back down when working out. Don’t over exert yourself and know when to back down when you work out. Take a one minute rest in between each set, especially when you experience shortness of breath. Remember to also keep your body hydrated while working out so keep a bottle of water handy.
If you want to achieve results, you have to continue your routine. Results are not immediate but as long as you are motivated and consistent with your workout, your hard work will pay off.