Some people are gym rats while others avoid the gym like a plague. If you are dragging yourself to the gym, is it because of your hectic lifestyle or because you simply do not want to go? Here are a few suggestions on how to motivate you to go to the gym.
- Buy great looking workout outfits. Working out in a gym requires that you wear the proper workout clothes and shoes. Buy something that you really like. Purchase high quality training shoes that not only look good but will help you work out better.
- Find a gym close by. The farther the gym is the more excuses you will make to not go. Look for a gym that is close to your location. Make sure the ambience in the gym is conducive to working out – enough training machines, clean shower/locker rooms and facilities are well maintained.
- Find a gym buddy. Ask a good friend, spouse of relative to become your gym buddy. Gym buddies are supposed to encourage each other to go to workouts together. You can go out after gym class and have a healthy smoothie or two plus some tête-à-tête.
- Hire a trainer. Getting the services of a trainer ensures that you are doing the right exercises for your skill level and your goals. She can mix up your workouts so you don’t become bored or stagnant. Plus, a professional trainer knows how to encourage and motivate her clients to continue going to the gym.
- Set a goal. You can set a short term weekly goal for going to the gym. If you enjoy a pricey cup of coffee, why not use that as a prize if you complete 5 days of workout at your gym.
- Post a photograph of someone whose body you admire. If weight loss is your reason for enrolling in a gym, place a picture of a celebrity whose body you admire. You can also post a picture of you before you started going to the gym then add more pictures as you go down dress sizes. Seeing yourself achieve your weight goals is perfect motivation for hitting the gym.
- Select a time of the day when you are motivated to go the gym. There is no steadfast rule as to the right time to work out in a gym. If you exercise better after work, by all means go to the gym at night. If you are a morning person, then schedule your trip to the gym first thing the next day.
- Pack your gym bag the day before. Your gym bag should be ready to go at a moment’s notice. It should be packed with your essentials. Place it in your car or beside the front door so you don’t forget it.
- Post the gym fees on your refrigerator. Gym fees are not exactly cheap. In fact, it is a luxury given the prevailing financial climate. Post the amount you paid on your refrigerator. This way, you can see the amount of money that is going to waste each time you skip going to the gym.
Lacking motivation to go to the gym keeps you from achieving a healthy body. Most of the time, you make up excuses to avoid the gym. Ask yourself what is keeping you from religiously going to the gym. If you need a break, take one. Then motivate yourself to get back on track. Going to the gym should never feel like a chore. It should be a fun activity that your body deserves.