Food today causes colon diseases and liver diseases. In the process of digestion, plenty of toxins and other waste products are released. Depending on the health of a person’s digestive system, the toxins can last anywhere from a few hours to a few weeks in the body. These toxins clog your system, which in time will be absorbed by your bloodstream. The more the toxins pile up, the more hardened the fecal matter becomes. This is where colon diseases start. The best way for you to help your colon and digestive system is to undergo a colon cleanse, along with changes in diet and lifestyle. Here’s how:
1. Stop. Since the body takes in toxins from unhealthy foods, the first step in performing a colon cleanse is to filter and weed out food products that contain carcinogens and other chemicals that can turn into toxins. Check the labels on the packaged food items that you consume and make sure that the ingredients are all natural and that no preservatives are used on the products. Processes such as sterilization, cooking in brine, or pasteurization will preserve food without the use of chemicals. Choose food items that are preserved through these methods, instead.
2. Replace. Once you have removed unhealthy food items, you need to create a diet based on natural produce such as organic fruits and vegetables. These products are packed with a wide variety of nutrients and vitamins, which are all important in a colon cleanse phase. Organic produce are also the best sources for fiber, which is the one thing that best promotes digestion in our system and helps to cleanse the colon.
3. Drink up. To jumpstart the colon cleansing process, create a cleansing drink. You will need 2 tablespoons of ground psyllium powder, and 1 tablespoon of bentonite clay. Put these in a glass and pour water. Mix the concoction and drink as fast as you can. Psyllium is a very fibrous substance that will scrub the colon of waste and toxin residues. The average human body has as much as eight meals in the large colon. Psyllium can eliminate the undigested and unused waste in the body. Bentonite clay, on the other hand, removes various toxic materials such as pesticides and parasites. This mixture will take some getting used to, but it is the best way to flush all the toxins out of your body.
4. Water. During colon cleansing, you will need to drink at least 12 glasses of water. This will not only hydrate you but will also aid in digestion detoxification. Water is the universal solvent, and helps to refresh and reduce the toxicity level in the bloodstream. Some people also use salt water flushes to soften the colon and remove the waste. This is done by taking in a quart of lukewarm water with diluted sea salts. The mixture works as an oral enema that will create pressure in the stomach and cause waste build up to dislodge.
5. Supplements and exercise. Apart from psyllium, you can also include other detoxifying food items into your diet, such as garlic, apple pectin, bran, whole wheat and grains. You can also start the master cleansing program with fasting to phase out the undigested waste in your body. Follow this up with exercises such as yoga that will stimulate the natural release of enzymes in the body that facilitate colon cleansing.
These are simple ways that you can follow to keep your colon in check.