Over the years the preferred way to brush your teeth was to use a regular toothbrush that you control manually. In spite some of the better dental health many were seeing, there were still many different problems that regular toothbrush users were reporting such as: stained teeth, plaque and gum disease.
Now there is a toothbrush that you can be able to clean your teeth more effectively and eliminate some of the common problems that many regular toothbrush users were reporting, it's called the electric toothbrush. This kind of toothbrush is powered electronically and has been shown to be more effective at cleaning your teeth compared to traditional brushing. Proper use of brushing with the electric toothbrush requires that you follow certain steps to ensure that your teeth are being cleaned effectively. The steps that should always follow to do this include:
- Apply toothpaste to the electric toothbrush. The head of the electric toothbrush is smaller than that of the regular toothbrush, that being said, you want to put the same amount of toothpaste that you would put on a regular toothbrush.
- Place the electric toothbrush in your mouth. Next you want to be sure to place the electric toothbrush into your mouth then turn it on. If you turn on the toothbrush before you place it in your mouth the toothpaste will fall off.
- Cover all areas with the electric toothbrush. When you are brushing you want to be sure to cover all areas of your teeth with the electric toothbrush. This means that you press lightly and simply move the toothbrush to the area of your mouth that you want cleaned. Unlike traditional toothbrushes you don't have to press down hard, instead simply just point the bristle to the area that you want cleaned and the electric toothbrush will do the rest.
- Watch the gum line. As you are brushing your teeth with the electric toothbrush you want to make sure that your avoid brushing your gum line as much as possible. While this cannot be prevented all the time if the toothbrush rubs against the gum line to much this could cause your gums to bleed.
- Turn off the electric toothbrush. Once you have finished brushing your teeth you want to turn off your electric toothbrush. Then take it out of your mouth and rinse it off.
Brushing with an electric toothbrush is more effective than traditional brushing. By following the above steps you will be able to brush your teeth more effectively with your electric toothbrush.